Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
steveinalpine

Help please, Plumeria appears to be dying

steveinalpine
9 years ago

Okay, let me start by saying this is my first post and I really don't know much about Plumerias although I have a few. I've had the plant in question for years and it's always been very healthy, but starting last blooming season, it didn't put out any "real" leaves, just tiny, dark leaf sprouts. It did put out flowers though, just not near as many as "normal". Well this year same thing, just little dark leaf sprouts and even the flowers never opened, they just formed and dried up. When I went to move the pot due to having the house painted, the whole tree just fell over in the pot and roots appear to have dried up and shriveled away with the exception of the first few inches of what should be the beginning of the main root stem off of the trunk.

I haven't treated the plant any differently, the weather has been basically the same year to year, yet something bad has definitely happened...

So where do I go from here? I'd really hate to lose this plant as I got it from my grandmother's garden when she passed, so it means a lot to me.

Comment (1)