Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Surf and Plumerias????

Posted by rox146 none (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 14, 13 at 19:48

Ventura's annual 2 day surf/beach festival started today. Rode our bikes to get there early and buy some of Clare Corre's GORGEOUS plumerias...potted/rooted and cuttings. She also makes incredible plumeria jewelry.

I scored the tall 3 tipped 1 gallon is J-105 for $25 buckaroos, the other 1 gallon is Dr. Kukiat's that he named Clare Corre after her for $45, and the 2 beefy cuttings are California Sally which I did not have and unbelievable Loi Kratong for $15 a big beefy cutting each with flowers all over. Loi has easily over 80 blossoms on it so it is a very happy bloomer.

Sun, surf and plumerias...WOW! roxanne

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Surf and Plumerias????

This is Loi Kratong

o

this is Calif. Sally....I may go back tomorrow and get more...she is SOOOO nice....roxanne

o

Those are gorgeous plumeria, Roxanne. You got a great price on the J-105! I just bought a Clare Corre from Doug Jones of Pacific Plumeria because it looks so beautiful in pictures. I hope it blooms next year. You should definitely go back and get more stuff!

o

YES, headed back on bikes now...fit the 2 1 gallons in my bike basket yesterday and the J-105 was sooooo tall, hard to see thru it... :-) LOVE the smell on this Loi Kratong . roxanne

o

How pretty and you can't beat those prices!

o

Yes, I just had to go back. Here is today's acquisition... Tahitian Sunset. Lovely to touch and look at and the petals spread out to almost 5 inches. roxanne

o

I cannot believe I am rooting more cuttings....get out the eggs... :-))) roxanne

o

Gorgeous, Rox! I can't believe you didn't have CA Sally before! She's becoming one of my favorites, and is still putting out a flower here and there.

Loi Kratong is another beauty! Sounds like you had a great day.

o

yes, 2 great days.

o

awesome!

o

even meeting her in a few hours to get Purple Jack....YEE____HAH!!!!

o

wow cant get much better weekend than that1 I have had my eye on a purple jack for awhile. congrats

o

will post a pix when I get it..

o

here is Purple Jack

o

the bud is very pretty too...light scent and the cutting was 2 tipped and big and beefy...$20....Big Mahalos Clare! roxanne

o

Great catch Roxanne!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here