Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rox146

1st meeting

rox146
10 years ago

Aloha to all and check out these wonderful raffle/door prizes at our first Ventura County meeting. Our host, SIMIDUDE, out did him self with the yard,desserts and being a fabulous host. Mahalos to all those who so nicely donated prizes. roxanne

Comments (20)

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

and even more...

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

just one of the great desserts he made...the other 2 were cut into before I could get a snap....sorry Laura...roxanne

• Kimo
    10 years ago

Yummy!!! Everything looks fabulous, especially the dessert, can only imagine what the other desserts looked like.
    Mahalo Nui Loa
    Thanks for the share.

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

an outstanding job he did and lovely weather for the 1st day of fall. roxanne p.s. here is his GINA, different coloring than mine.

• pcput
    10 years ago

I think we have to do a VA chapter. Everything looks great.
    Peg

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    10 years ago

Nice!

Ventura County should Sister City with the Austin/San Antonio Group.

• georgecc
    10 years ago

It couldn't have been a nicer group of people! What a great time.

We ate a slew of delicious snacks everyone brought, compared plumeria blooms from areas with different temperatures, then we ate dessert. Roxanne's pic is the Chocolate Bourbon Cake with Pumpkin Flan and a Caramel Sauce. We also had (at Laura's urging) a warm White Chocolate Bread Pudding with a White Chocolate Sauce. And we had Passion Fruit Ice Cream from the fruit growing here. I'm trying to figure out how to ship the bread pudding to Virginia Beach (also at Laura's urging!:))

The amazing part was the raffle. We had 13 people and almost 40 raffle gifts! Everyone went home with a few new plumies! This was surely a great way to kick off a new group!

Thank you so much to our benefactors - Bill (tdogdad) and Mark, and to our great secret benefactor. You all made it memorable with the mega gifts, thanks so much! The huge number of gifts prevented any rioting, which one always fears at society meetings! :)

Then we did the guided garden tour, lol. Not everyone made it to the top of Na Pali to smell the Buttered Popcorn and the Guillot's Sunset. But the Stenopetala opened its first bloom that day, probably for the meeting!

I was praying everyday for a week that the blooms would look good on Sunday. And they did. All for a little Jeannie M. halfway up the hill with a single huge flower. The flower fell off right before the meeting!

Well, with a little clear tape, no one was the wiser! Back the flower went!!

Can't wait till our next meeting.

Can we make Austin/San Antonio our sister chapter and VA our cousin chapter? Or can we have two sisters? I'm all for it!

• jandey1
    10 years ago

George, that looks fantastic! Thirteen is a huge turnout and I bet your group keeps growing, too.

Wish I'd thought of door prizes! Sounds like everyone left feeling great, and a lot fuller, lol. Desserts sound amazing!

We definitely need to do some chapter personnel exchanges. Let me know when any of y'all make it to Central Texas so we can host a yard tour, too!

• georgecc
    10 years ago

Jandey, that would be great.

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    10 years ago

hey Oklahoma wants a chapter. LOL.

I vote Kenny as the president since he has the most plants.

sounds like you all had a great time.

Mike

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Mike, it was great and fun to put a face with a post.... :-)

• toomanydogs
    10 years ago

My husband and I had a wonderful time and it was fantastic to meet everyone in person at last! George's plantation has grown fantastically since last year, he should be very proud of it. We went home with all sorts of new plumeria and I just finished the last bite of the pumpkin flan and chocolate cake lst night for dinner. That's one of the few benefits of being a grownup, you can have flan for dinner if that's what you want! Thanks to everyone who made it such a great event!

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

YOU GUYS ARE KILLING ME......

Flan, homemade Passion Fruit ice cream and warm bread pudding with white chocolate sauce?

Huh? This wasn't just a Plumeria society meeting... It was a dessert and food tea party!! Oh... Fresh drinks to add? Argh!!! LMAO!! You guys really make a Plumeira Junkie and dessert queen really melt...

Thank' s for thinking of me Rox with the pic.. ;-). That was very nice of you, George said he needed to cut into it so we could see the layers. Uggggg, more foot prints on my back!,, ;-)

Seriously, I'm glad you all had a wonderful time and I'm sure everything was just perfect!!!

The nice little extra touch ( gift trees). Was a great idea and I also would like to thank those who donated. You guys are awesome in Cali!!!

Ok.. Lets talk about chapters.. VA needs to be a " sister " lol..

I think one of the Dave's mentioned a few years back, that they would like to be nominated as President.. ;-)

Just pull up a chair for me next time, George.. I will be there in spirit!! Now... If only you could teleport those dessert here while they were still warm?

Cold frozen drinks too? Lol

So glad you all had fun.. Allison.. I think having dessert for dinner is always ok!! Just because.. ;-)

Thanks for the pics and for thinking about me.. That means a lot!!

Mahalo,,,

Laura

• jandey1
    10 years ago

Laura, you and I are due for another trip out there. Maybe we can meet up next summer; I'll bring the pralines :)

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

cool...I will provide the harbor cruise....roxanne

• georgecc
    10 years ago

Jandey, it's a really nice cruise, you're in for a treat. Might even get to see the islands off the coast if it's a clear day. And I'll send you the dessert list to pick one.

Since Laura has been such a great mentor and motivator, Id like to ask her to be an honorary member of our Ventura County group. You're on the other side of the country, but maybe we can Facetime you at the next meeting (we'll turn the ipad off when the food comes out, not to be cruel). Is it right that there are only about two plumeria addicts in Virginia? You can both join us!

Jandey, we may take you up on the sister club thing! Good topic for our next meeting.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

OOHHH YEAAAAA!!!!

;-)

Jen.. Sounds like a wonderful plan!! I think I will be heading out there next year, we should meet up and have a great time!!,

Roxanne.. A boat tour of the harbor sounds fantastic !!! You just can't beat a personal tour of the lovely homes and views of the beautiful boats and marinas. Such a wonderful thought.. Thank you so much !!

The rose is beautiful too... Mahalo!!

Thank you George!!! Thank would be awesome to be an honorary member of the Ventura County Group... What a wonderful thing to say about being a mentor.. I don't think that I am, but I do appreciate the kind though and gesture. Really nice of you!!! It is my pleasure to help you and others...
    you talk about me motivating you? Look at what you have done!!! It is incredible.. Lol!!! I can see the iPad now.. You putting a cloth over it as you all indulge .. LMAO!! I would be saying.. " hello?" " I'm still hear.... I can hear you all eating the desserts.. Lol"

I really appreciate the thought of wanting me In Your group.. It really means a lot to belong to any type of Plumeria Society.. We here in Virginia don't have a group. We don't even have anything close on the east coast except for Florida and the site for the forum on line is closing as of Oct 7 th. that is really a bummer.. I just wish we had a place to go and talk trees and enjoy what you all have.

Maybe one day we can have a group here in the Eastern Mid Atlantic area. Peg and I are here in VB then we have two Dave's In Northern Virginia who love Plumeria, but they are 4 hours away...Mona is in NC and she is probably willing to be a part of any group that may form some day...

I will except the vacant chair tho... What a thrill it will be!!! ;-). Just don't forget to keep hitting the refresh button!!! LMAO. Don't want the screen to go in the sleep mode!" To funny!

Hope you all are doing well!!!

Take care,

Laura

• jandey1
    10 years ago

Oh dear heavens, plumeria, desserts AND a harbor cruise?! How can anyone pass that up? Sounds like heaven!

I'm going to check on flights now... :)

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

try to stay and connect our luau with the next meeting at that time of year...you will need at least 1 week. roxanne

• georgecc
    10 years ago

Definitely!

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES