Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pecorarodpt

Ebay Frauds

pecorarodpt
10 years ago

Hello all,

I have been reading this forum all summer. My wife and I took a vacation to Maui in June and I have been hooked on tropical gardens and plumeria since. I am a newly self annointed plumaholic. I was, however, sadly dooped into buying a fraudulent color of plumeria from Thailand on Ebay. They played to my emotions with a purple and gold plumeria and I am an LSU alum and fan. I have since realized that the Thai sellers sell purple, blue, and black plumeria, all of which do not exist. I called ebay personally and have been reporting items as fraudulent. Are these efforts worth it? Have the forum members tried this before?
FYI My collection so far (and I just started this summer) includes Nebel's rainbow, Siam Rainbow, Mameeya (god knows what that will be), Kaleinani, Puu Kahea, and B Moragne

Comments (11)

• stampstudio73137 kemp
    10 years ago

Good luck but Ebay makes money off this and i doub't it will do any good. I just don't trust any Thai items.
    Bill Kemp
    It is a shame because it sours newbys to any hobby.

• honeybunny2 Fox
    10 years ago

I wanted Pretty Princess in 2009, and could not find it anywhere. I found it on ebay from Thailand. When I received it, it was a dead cutting, it was hopless. That was when I found the Plumeria forum, and found out that was not the way to go. I posted if anyone could tell me of a good seller in Florida, someone posted Florida Colors. I was not able to get my Pretty Princess, but bought 5 beautiful grafted plants, I met Carol and Luc. Since then I bought all my plants from Carol. Last year I found out about the PSA sales, and all the wonderful Texas growers, and found if you can pick them up, you get big plants for great prices. This July I finally got my Pretty Princess, with 3 thick stems, it is growing and putting out great leaves. Hope to see blooms next year. Barbra

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

I think it has happened to us all.

That is why it is good to relay the message so others will not be taken by these people.

Three of my trees were sent to me mislabeled and that seller is out of business in Florida... One was even grafted? Huh?

Then you have the other sellers that don't send the item.. Ok, I'll admit it. It has happened to me with a Cerise. The seller never sent the cutting and then I filed a claim with EBay and it was to late. The seller never returned any email to me and I wasn't a happy camper. I did receive a Cerise from a very nice person here in Virginia.. Mahalo !! It has grown very large and is one healthy beautiful tree.

The sellers that decide to use other people's pictures.. I guess we can all figure out that if they do that.. Well? Hmmmm...

Don't fell bad if it has happened to you. What I am trying to say is that we all have had some type of misleading, bad experiences.. We learn from them and then move on with caution.

This is the best place to hear from others on who we can trust, where to buy from the reputable dealers. Word of mouth is everything and this includes Trust...

Take care,

Laura

• lanilani
    10 years ago

I want to give you guys the seller IDs for the biggest rip off seller on EBay and if you have time, please go to their photo shopped pics and report the item by clicking the "Report Item" link below the description to the right of the Buyer Protection Logo.
    I bought many plumies and spent hours w/ Ebay's trust and safety dept but they won't do anything after the 45 days despite the fact I proved to them this seller has 15 + IDs and no one is covered as plumies take over a year before blooming. Everything I bought turned out white with yellow center and some were tiny blooms, others bigger but all cheap crap. I have pics to prove this.
    Here are the seller IDs BUYER BEWARE!
    siamflower_lover, 123yaowaluk, garden9767, garden1890, my_mindshop, wallopshop, plants1880, collect4you1999, dealgarden2011, yayayome, commart2000, 108shopasia, puket2012shop, siam_product, ttm_shop2010, tonburi2010shop

Here is a link that might be useful: Check out all these fraudulent pics

• lanilani
    10 years ago

Just found 3 more seller IDs for this crook on Ebay
    shopgarden1999, pattaya_park, always2010shop
    Please report their items as I will make another call to Ebay's trust and safety dept but I know they think I am one person with a problem and I represent hundreds who don't realize they've been shafted! Thanks

Here is a link that might be useful: Recent Thai Ebay fraud plumie seller

• lanilani
    10 years ago

Ebay is a total joke. Spent over 2 hours again filing the complaint and they didn't even want to take down the seller IDs again. Finally I forced them to but they said I should report stuff to ic3.gov which is an FBI site But while I was speaking to trust and safety at Ebay I told them there was no way I could fill out a form on that site since EBay has the seller's name and address and web address not me. They dismissed me and also the fact I offered to give then AGAIN the contact info for Kukiat Tanteeratum and Brad's Buds and Blooms to verify the fraud going on with that Thai crook. and they told me HAVE THEM REPORT EVERY ITEM TO US.
    I said...that is YOUR job not ours. You say you're passing this along to your investigative team but they do nothing.
    Also they told me you can report every suspicious item twice, once with fraudulent listing and again under PICTURE as having text or artwork added.
    I asked if anyone does anything about these reports and was told "we get millions of reports so we batch them and you won't ever know the results of our investigation."
    I reminded them how difficult it is to even GET IN CONTACT with their Trust dept as they won't assign me a 10 digit case number just a reference number for the phone call and you cannot enter that when trying to reach that dept.
    She kept telling me to go online, get a passcode and make the call. I kept telling her that does not work since they don't give me a 10 digit case number. But if anyone wants to add to my complaint, the phone reference number is 1-15029893854 and the woman was named "San"
    Maybe she is Thai or something. LOL
    Thanks in advance for any help you can add.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

L... I feel your frustration and I'm sorry no one else will even try and assist you in your gallant effort to help yourself as well as others...

There has to be a better system at eBay to protect the public form these sellers.. When I had my issue with someone using my picture on their site.. I was on the computer for a few hours as well as the phone calling eBay. They did listen to me and took my info and the problem was fixed by the end of the day. Maybe it also had to do with me saying I would take legal action as well?

I am sorry that it seems like you are being lead in circles and it seems like times like this they just want you to give up, but I commend you for sticking to your guns and trying harder to protect us all against these frauds.

I personally want to thank you for taking the time and trying...

If I can add my voice to help by alerting them, I will...

mahalo!!

Laura

• lanilani
    10 years ago

Thank you Laura. I have no personal vendetta despite my being ripped off. I am merely trying to protect others. Thanks for your appreciation and I hope some people out there will take the time to report the blue and deep purple pics as altered and as a fraudulent listing!

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    10 years ago

Thanks for your post Lanilani. I hope many people will read this and just realize that you just can't believe everything you read on the internet -- and especially on EBay.

There are a lot of desperate people out there who are trying to exist in this world. Unfortunately it often comes at the expense of others.

The message is clear....do your homework. Find out from others who the reputable dealers are.

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    10 years ago

Back when ebay first started it was a pretty good tool to find deals and wasnt too risky in my opinion. I quit using ebay when they started making you use paypal and it turned into the biggest joke on the planet. with the ease of online shopping from reputable vendors I will never use ebay or paypal again.

Sorry for all your frustrations.

Mike

• pecorarodpt
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lanilani,

I reported numerous of those same sellers when I originally posted this topic. At least we know more than one person has reported these same sellers and items.

Sponsored