Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Worth the 6 year wait! Purple Thai Plumie!

Posted by alohalani SoCal (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 23, 12 at 19:58

Have been waiting 6 long years for this. My brother went to Thailand 6 years ago and sent me some plants labeled Violet Princess. Small inflo--only had 2 blooms. Here she is....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Worth the 6 year wait! Purple Thai Plumie!

Alohalani,
Where in So Cal are you? If your in coastal So Cal it may take a bit for the purple/lavendar to pop a bit more. It maybe your camera but it looks a bit white pink. Its Eye and shape resembles Purpla Jack or Muang Jack. Sometimes in Thailand people sell things that they rename. Its pretty and may take couple more seasons to reach its full potential and to get fuller bigger inflos.

o

She's lovely, alohalani!

I've always loved that quote, "The best things in life are worth waiting for".

o

You give me hope, I have a seedling about that age from a friend who brought seeds back from Thailand. Darn thing is almost 5` tall and well branched.

Very pretty! I do so love purple flowers.

Tally HO!

o

Nice, very nice!
Lonnie

o

The plants my brother sent me were grafted plants. I really had lost hope--they took so long to bloom. I have lost a couple to rot over the years. I plant is about 3 or 4 feet tall and leggy.
Now, I can't wait until he goes back. I think he paid $7 for a 1 gal plant. Here is a pic of the 2nd bloom which opened for me this morning,

o

Lovely color! Wow, it didn't take long for the new branches to shoot up, did it? Hopefully they'll produce for you next year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here