Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cbadcali

Vienna Rose from JJ

cbadcali
11 years ago

Oh heavens, it's blooming for the first time. It's beautiful with the pink and yellow throat but the fragrance is just exquisite. It was quite an ordeal to acquire but soooooo very worth it. I highly recommend. Mary

Comments (11)

• Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
    11 years ago

I've never heard of it! Can you post pics? I'm going to look this one up! Thanks for sharing.

-Robert

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

Aha!! Clearly you don't look at my pictures. LOL

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/plumeria/msg0718060026152.html?20

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/plumeria/msg0818383319148.html?22

She has very light sweet fragrance in case you're wondering. :)

• cbadcali
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Robert. I'll post pictures soon. It is beautiful but it's the fragrance that just takes your breath away. Never smelled one like it. Mary

• Andrew Scott
    11 years ago

I bought a 3 tip VR from JJ 2 last year. It took forever, in fact it didn't leaf out until about a month ago. I suspect the root system ws comprimised. I know when it arrived, it was at a 45 degree angle in the pot....NOT A GOOD SIGN! John told me to nurse it along and if it didn't survive, to let him know and he would replace it. I am hopefull that it will fully recover and bloom next year. have any of you had the double bloom on your tree?

Andrew

11 years ago

Lynn,

I did a google image search and saw that yours popped up. Ya got me! Laugh. I can't view all your collection...that would take all week. ;)

Mary,

Thanks again for sharing. It does look lovely. Wish I could sniff it. :)

-Robert

• cbadcali
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Guess I dont need to post pictures. I only have two open right now Andrew so can only hope I have a "rose" shape. either way, it is a great plumeria. Now I have to keep wishing for the hot weather to continue so the rest open up. (shaking head, wishing for hot weather to continue). Hope you get a bloom soon. Mary

11 years ago

Mary,

We love pics on this forum! Plus everyone's flowers look different especially at different times of the year.
    I plan on snapping pics of the last flowers of my current fav and posting them. :)

-Robert

• DelWH
    11 years ago

Yeah Mary, please post the pic of your blooms. Love seeing flowers.

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

No more hot weather please; I'm sending them your way Mary. My plumies are being fried on my balconies. We reached 105 today. It's 84 right now. :( The next 2 days will be the same. By Monday we should be back down to low 90s. Me and my plumies need a break from this brutal heat wave. I don't like it. Give me my mid-80s weather back!

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

PLEASE?

Laura

• cbadcali
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi. Better for all that I don't attempt to post pictures. Past pictures of important people in my life have led to trees coming out of their heads. (translation: I'm the worst photographer in the world). Plus I've never downloaded pictures and was gonna beg a son for help! We all escaped unscathed. Sonia, who used to post on another site, sparked my interest in this plumie and I had to have one. Was just thrilled that it decided to send up two inflows even though it's the end of the season.Another nice one from JJ is Afrique. No pictures but it's pretty and smells good too.

Sorry for wishing for more hot weather but we've had coastal eddy all summer and my tomato plants and plumeria have paid the price.

Mary

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!