Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hot weather brings out color in 'Kimo'

Posted by dave_in_nova VA zone 7a (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 3, 10 at 20:15

This extended hot weather has really brought out the intense colors in my plumeria blooms. Here's 'Kimo', one of my favorites. The bloom is actually a bit darker than the camera portrays (cheap camera).

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hot weather brings out color in 'Kimo'

Hey Dave,

That Kimo is absolutely beautiful...I'll bet the flower is even more spectacular in person...Wow!!!! What a beauty!!
The camera picture looks great to me!! Great Job!!!
Love the color!!!

Laura in VB

o

That is a nice color. I also like the shape of the bloom.

o

Dave- I learned that humidity has a great effect when combined with heat. A few weeks ago we warmed up and the flowers were nice. Then a batch of humid air came in from the south which is rare in Calif. My reds and dark pinks got so rich in color for a week. Then the sea breeze sent the humid air back to Arizona, and my colors lightened considerably. Even though the heat was about the same, the change of humidity caused considerable color change. By the way, that Kimo is so nicely colored. Mine was more yellow orange and not nearly as intense. I like the looks of yours. Bill

o

Bill, we have been quite humid all summer as well as HOT, so maybe you've got something there. Today a dry cool front moves in, with cooler nights, so we'll see how that influences colors.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here