Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
got red?

Posted by rox146 none (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 13, 13 at 20:39

Thought it would be fun to see what was blooming RED in the yard today. Upper right corner is Wildfire, bottom right is my second year to bloom '05 seedling that I hope gets bigger and better, next on the bottom left is Kevin's Red and the upper left is Gina.....Not to be missed is the Hybrid hibiscus...Dragon's Blood...7 inches across.

Maybe I will pick a different color for tomorrow.. :-) roxanne

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: got red?

Beautiful. The hibiscus is breath taking. They have come such a long way from the yellow and red plain ones my mother grew. Lovely blossoms. Mary

o

google Charles Black Hibiscus....OR Hidden Valley Hibiscus...and watch your mouth drool... :-)

o

Drooling already... ;-)

Beautiful...

Laura

o

So beautiful! And waiting for tomorrow's color! :)

Mima

o

hahahaha....now I have to do it in orange...hope those flowers hold for tomorrow... :-)

o

Virginia Tech colors... YES!!!

Go HOKIES!!!

;-)

Laura

o

ahhha...I shall search out the orange tomorrow.

Laura...the surf beach festival /contest is on tomorrow and Clare Corre has a booth w/her plumeria jewelry and Dr. Kukiat cuttings... :-)))) roxanne

o

• Posted by No-Clue So Cal Zone 10 (My Page) on
    Sat, Sep 14, 13 at 15:12

Rox!!!!! Gorgeous flowers! I LOVE LOVE LOVE red flowers!

And that Hibiscus is AMAZING!! Looks like I'll have to track that special lady down ASAP!

Thanks for sharing that.

o

Roxanne, amazing!! Your hibiscus is beyond beautiful and so are all your "reds". Your photo would make a terrific print!

o

muchos mahalos guys and gals

o

Roxanne, I love your Dragons Blood hibiscus. Wish you lived closer, so we could exchange exotic hibiscus cuttings. They are just so easy to root. I have almost the entire exotic collection from OSO growers in Corpus. My favorite hibiscus I bought from Bloomers Nursery in Rockport, called Big Orange, its 9 inches across. I have never seen anything like it before, I had to have it. My favorite red hibiscus is Kiss and Tell, its dark red velvet, 7 inches across. Nothing is blooming right now, I don't even want to go to the coast, its so disappointing. Barbra

o

well, my favorite is Blue Renaissance from 10 years ago....it is the most unbelievable purply lavender...it has had over 100 blooms already this season and I will post one when another opens in a few days..8-9 inches usually. Too bad they don't have a scent....

o

Hi Rox,

Love the pictures.., the quality in the photography of these beauties is incredible...

Every detail is so unique in its own lovely way!!

Have fun at the festival.. It would be wonderful to go!!!

I would love to see Clare' s jewelry... I bet its beautiful. Kukiat cuttings? Just keeps getting better !!

Have a wonderful time!!!

Love the colors of the hibiscus..

Barbra.. Your collection sounds incredible too!! I love them as well.. I have a few, but nothing like you and Rox. Awesome!!

Take care,

Laura

o

I love Hidden Valley. I have two of their hibiscus plants myself.

o

they are so wonderful...how far are they from you Bill? Has their open house happened yet? roxanne

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here