Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
White spots help

Posted by peaches20 6 PA (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 27, 12 at 20:48

Hi all,

I have my first plumeria and have had it outside all summer. There are some white spots on it and i'm not sure if they are bugs or not. see below

Photobucket

Photobucket

Also I've brought it inside since the weather is turning very cool at night and some of the leaves are dropping. do plummies go dormant in winter?

Thanks,
Nancy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: White spots help

Yes, they do go dormant in winter.

Judging from the pics, those may be mealybugs. Do they have kind of a powdery white covering?

o

Yes it is powdery white. Is there anything special to do to get rid of them?

Thanks,

Nancy

o

Nancy,

You can wipe the plant with a cotton ball dipped in alcohol - rubbing alcohol, not the kind you drink :)
or you can use something like Bayer 3-in-1 insect spray.

And yes they do go dormant in winter. If you read thru some of the posts in this forum, there is alot of good advice on storing your plant for winter.

And welcome to the club!

Joan

o

Nancy,

You may want to read the post "I Could Use Your Advice". In this post Laura gives some great info on storing your plants for the winter (along with good advice from others). Laura even shows pictures of what she has done in the past with her plants.

Hope this helps.

Joan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here