Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seeds available

Posted by disneyhorse 10%3F (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 5, 13 at 21:21

Mother tree is my neighbors, they call it "Gardena" it is a very generous bloomer and great scent even on all the cuttings I've rooted. Usually makes 3-5 tips on every inflo.
Have a double seed pod and I don't need all the seeds... So email me and send a SASE....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seeds available

Here is the seed pod, opened up this week so definitely fresh...

o

Flowers get pretty big

o

Tree loves to bloom

o

Wow! The flower looks just like one of my plumerias! I got mine from C stars and it was tagged "Isabella". Is that an actual breed? I also saw a "Julie Moragne" flower that also resembles both "Isabella" and "Gardena" plumeria. Do you know anyway to differentiate these 3 breeds? Thanks.

Cat

o

Thanks Disney for offering! you're too sweet! :) Beautiful blooms :-)

Chuy

o

Hello Cat... I googled both the Julie Moragne and Isabella and neither looks like this one. This one I've seen all over SoCal though now that I've really kept my eyes peeled... It's very hardy and has a very long bloom period so I guess it's a popular kind around here. My neighbor owned a local nursery and when I asked her she said it is a "Gardena".

o

This is the "Gardena" or "white with red stripe" or as my wife calls mine, "Psycho." It is the longest bloomer in my collection and is a strong bloomer. The Julie Moragne is a stiffer petal and has a brighter red line and not the spicy scent.
Psycho or Gardena:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Julie Moragne:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

o

Hello all... I think I've gotten enough replies that all the seeds are spoken for. I don't want to send only one seed per person :).

o

Thanks Disney for the seeds. Received them and already have germination occurring. Again Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here