Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
yellow leaves, why

Posted by megazords ZONE 9 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 7, 05 at 21:25

MY PLUMERIAS SEEM TO BE DOING WELL THEN SUDDENLY I GET A BUNCH OF YELLOW LEAVES AND THEN THEY THE PLANTS TAKE A FEW WEEKS TO GET GOING AGAIN THEN WHEN ALL IS GOOD, YELLOW LEAVES AGAIN. I DO NOT OVER WATER THEM AND THRY ARE ALL PLANTED IN THE GROUNG I FEED THEM EVERY 3 WEEKS WITH PETERS SUPER BLOSEM BOOSTER AND I NEED SOME ADVICE!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: yellow leaves, why

Hello,

Overwatering as well as overfertilizing are some very possible causes for which your plumeria leaves are turning yellow.

High amounts of the "middle number" phosphorus in your superb bloomer will cause the soil to get so saturated that the necessary nutrients such as iron and manganese not only will be washed out but won't be absorbable by the plant. Iron for example works as a catalyst for the production of chlorophyll in our plants (chlorophyll makes our plants green). This iron deficiency is termed "Chlorosis". I recommended feeding your plumerias a water soluable Iron supplement such as "Gardeners Choice Iron Booster" I found it at Armstrong Nursery. This will help to restore the essential materials back in your soil and help to bring back the acidity in your soil. As we are approaching the end of summer, I wouldn't recommend usage of Bloom Busters with the high middle numbers at this time as fall is approaching as well as hibernation/dormancy time.

Click on the link below to read more about Chlorosis.
You will notice that they say to refrain from using too much of phosphorus. So hopefully next year you can supplement the regular feeding with also Iron supplements as well to restore the balance within the soil.

Hope this helps.

Rodney aka Hawaiianbuilt

Here is a link that might be useful: Chlorosis

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here