Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Compact growing plumeria

Posted by mjhuntingtonbeach 10b (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 8, 12 at 21:57

I look at the plumeria others are growing and I see taller growing trees with some branches but not a thicket. Mine mostly seem to grow stocky, multibranched, not sure why, but it does make them easier to take care of. What are others' experiences with this? Maybe I don't fertilize enough. Here are samples of what mine grow like:

J4/Multiple Gold:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Unknown Thai, purchased as "Sangwaltubtim"

Photobucket

Photobucket

Jungle Jack's Inner Peace:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Irma 5 (purchased from Thai vendor):

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Jungle Jack's Inca Gold:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Compact growing plumeria

Climate, pot size, and/or cultivar could all be reasons. Most likely the last reason. I believe many of JJ's cultivars have short/stocky habits and they are mostly from Thailand.

If it suits how you want them to grow then why worry about it. Nice work.

o

From what I understand, all of JJ's are Thai varieties, which tend to stay short and branch out on maybe 3 or so inch branches. If you go to his website, he stresses that his are strictly Thai, grown in Thailand and not crossed at all with any Hawaiian or Mexican variety.

o

Everyone of them makes me envious! :)

o

Me too!! I have JJ's California Sunset, which has a shape like yours, and I love it. But then I have a few other trees that have all their branches on one high level! I like yours better!

o

I love that compact growth. These are the perfect types for growing on the lanai.
Tally HO!

o

Wow those are beautiful compact plants!

o

I think they are all beautiful..

You are so lucky to live in HB!! : )

Trees look wonderful!!

Laura

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here