Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rox146

so who has late inflos?

rox146
10 years ago

I have been surveying the inflos on the plumerias and I guess since we have had some heat (finally)..the following are sending up LATE inflos and I sure hope they make it before the end of the season: Mango Blush, Apricot Locks, Lani, Maui Beauty, Buttercup Yellow, Ben Bednar's Glory and 7 of my seedlings from '05 blooming for the first time.

I will post pix if they make it thru....roxanne

Comments (30)

• georgecc
    10 years ago

Roxanne, Daisy Wilcox finally started opening today. Royal Hawaiian is several days off, hope it makes it this year. And Kimi Moragne and Theodora Crimson each have two-to-three more inflos almost ready to bloom. And Vera Cruz Rose is about a week and a half away from blooming. Newer inflo on Jeannie M. is producing some of the nicest blooms yet. And the white butterfly gingers just started blooming last week. I thought the garden had peaked for the year, but it may not have. The combination of hot and cool weather has done wonders to the colors here.

• daogirl - SoCal Zone 9
    10 years ago

Guillot's Sunset has a new inflo ... Not sure it'll make it before it goes dormant. Everyone else is just happily green and leafy!

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    10 years ago

no new ones. got a bunch hanging in there. Waiting on Divine to open on a second inflo from a branch formed this year on the first inflo.

leaves are turning yellow around here. :(

mike

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

some of mine are going yellow...those 1st leaves anyway. we are expecting some more heat this weekend and the deck is hotter anyway. Will post pix if they make it. roxanne

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    10 years ago

I have a few.

So, after waiting awhile for Freak to stay around a few days, and also myself not being around much, I'll spill the beans. I have an inflo on the Bonnie Fox that he gave me! Yippee! I'm having a hard time judging when she'll bloom because of the crazy weather making it seem so slow, but soon... very soon!

Also, I have 2 inflos on Mardi Gras and 1 on Duke. Duke is just starting to push so I'm assuming he will be in the greenhouse blooming this winter. There's a wacky curved inflo on Candy Stripe. It's so cute! I"m anxious to see what the colors will be like with cool weather. Won't be long!

There are also seed pods on my Kimo and Celadine. Here's the interesting thing... Kimo and Celadine sit on each side of a humongo pot of moonflower vines tempting those sphinx moths to visit. Next year I'll strategically decide which plants to be next to the moonflowers. I'm never without moonflower vines and now I have a new reason to love them! :)

And, I'm also getting a lot of the yellowing leaves. That time is here.

Oh, my rust problems got out of hand this year. I failed to use any fungicide at all. Next year I won't let that happen and will see if rust is less of a problem.

I'll post pics soon.

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    10 years ago

Elizabeth Thornton and JJ Mini Devine are pushing new ones.

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

this is all very exciting...I do hope we all post pix when the time comes....roxanne

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

Getting ready to open.

Mary Moragne
    Moragne 23
    Lavender Splash
    JJ Orange

Ones newly forming ( keeping my fingers crossed)

Fuzzy's red rose
    JL Starfish
    Sparky
    Royal Hawaiian
    ETLD
    Elsie
    Divine.
    Wizard

These are newly forming. I hope I will see them open, But I might place Sparky away now. I really want to see him bloom!!

Great threadð­. But I'm afraid to look!!!

Good luck everyone. !!

I do think Mary will fully open this weekend as well as Moragne 23

Take care

Laura

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

1 of my seedlings from '05 just opened for the first time...small but pretty and great smell. roxanne

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Wow lots of late bloomers!

I too detected brand new inflo on Charlotte Ebert, Whirlwind, Hula Girl and Rhonda! I am excited but also worried they won't make it. What a strange season.

Let's hope the weather stays warm so they can all bloom!

• Kimberly (6b Indiana)
    10 years ago

My Mary Helen Eggenberger has a late inflo. I hope to see at least 1 bloom from the inflo before it gets too cold.

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

OH KIM, I hope it does too...that is 1 on my wish list and would love to see a pix of yours blooming. roxanne

• citizen_insane
    10 years ago

It has been hot here in Houston. I got tons of new inflos and flowers, even on plants I bought in June. Black Tiger, JL Tornado, JL Red-Orange, Wildfire, Chompoo Paan, Pretty Princess, Beautiful Thailand, JL Titanic, Donald Angus, Orange-60, Leona Hoke, Loretta, Jack of Hearts, Penang Peach, Siam Ruby, Whirlwind, Honey Queen, Grove Farm, Kaneohe Sunburst, Manoa Pink, TLD, Celadine, Pink Kiss, Hilo Beauty, Hurricane, Ted Chinn, Islamorada, Intense Rainbow, Japanese Lantern, Kimi Moragne, Kimo, Magnus Opus, Mardi Gras, Maui Beauty, Samoan Fluff, Margaret's Pink, Mary Ellen Egenburger, Musk Rainbow, Nebel's Rainbow, Pink Ruffles, Ryann Chelsey, Sweet Lyndi, Teresa Wilder, and some seedlings. I will be posting a lot of pictures.

Look at what changing from cool temperatures to 95F did to my Rare Hilo Beauty:

Cool Temperatures:

With 95F for two days:

George

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

wow, what a nice list you have. roxanne

• jandey1
    10 years ago

Photos, please! That is a lot of new inflos for everyone--very exciting!

I just have the dud Tornado seedling inflo and the Orange Splendor seedling, which will open any. day. now. We still have a month or so of summer left here, so anything could happen.

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Jandey, I will put up pix once they make the jump to bloom speed. roxanne

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    10 years ago

Today I found a second inflo on Candy Stripe. I'll be keeping an eye on that third branch.

And after seeing Lynn's post, I'm wondering if I had previously mentioned that my Rhonda also has an inflo that will be opening soon. That one was most exciting to me so I'm pretty sure it was already mentioned.

George - wow! Are you deserving of all that? :)

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    10 years ago

Just found a new inflo on divine. Also noticing that I will have quite a few seedpods also.

Mike

• georgecc
    10 years ago

Vera Cruz Lutica

• georgecc
    10 years ago

Christina

• georgecc
    10 years ago

Daisy Wilcox

Still waiting for 4 more plumeria to open for the first time here in the next couple of weeks.

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Gorgeous George!

• purdee54
    10 years ago

Aztec Gold, Champoo Jack, Jeanie Moragne, Kauka Wilder, Ember, Charlotte Elbert, Singapore, Jacqueline, Kaneohe Sunburst, Key West Red, Penang Peach, Kimo, Grapette, Scensation, and Kaneohe Sunrise. All are flowering with developing inflos.

Getting ready to open....each with several inflos...Mahaka Sunn (huge inflo), Confetti, Kapalua, Peachy King, and Metallica. It's been a very good growing season and will continue for at least another two months. Singapores are the last to stop flowering and that's usually the first week in December.

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Purdee...that is quite a list as well. Is it the REAL Kapalua? roxanne

• purdee54
    10 years ago

Hi Roxanne. Lol. It's the REAL Kapalua.

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lucky you...did you buy it rooted? I hear it is hard to root. I would love to see a photo of Kaneohe Sunburst next to the Sunrise to see the difference. Is the scent different as well? roxanne

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

this is just 1 of my '05 seedlings that has a late inflo. First time for this one blooming and a nice scent to boot. roxanne

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

Hello Everyone!!!

Hi Manuel.. Nice to see you post!! Sounds like you are having an awesome summer with all of your beauties!! Thanks for the list of things to come. I can't wait to see Makaha Sunn!! Mine is looking like it will be another year before it opens, but it is healthy so I am glad of that. My Kapalua is doing well and it still has some blooms trying to open, so hopefully with this cool weather it will still have some good color!! It is very exciting to see!!!

Simi.. They are all so healthy and still holding that color, but lucky you.. Living in Cali... Nice!!

Rox.. Beautiful bloom!!!

Here is a late JJ Orange that is opening for me. It has a huge set of blooms, but I have seen a color change in just a few days.. So sad to see what these cooler temps can do.

Here is a pic of the JJ Orange!!

Night everyone!!

Laura

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Woke up this morning to find Maui Beauty's late inflo opening. It did not have this stripe in it last year. What causes that I wonder? The scent is potent and nice. Lots more trees to still bloom I hope, hot again this weekend. :-) roxanne

• jandey1
    10 years ago

George and Laura, you gotta warn a girl to go get her sunglasses before you blast that much color on a screen! Hoowee, those are bright!

Manuel, I don't think I'm alone in saying that I'd LOVE to see those Makaha Sunn blooms in person! But I'll settle for photos. :)

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks