Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Inflo blossoms not opening

Posted by labland La Verne CA 9 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 17, 10 at 22:09

I wrote a couple of weeks ago about an inflo that was getting to open, turned brown in the high heat ( over 105). Those potential blossoms have fallen off, but still none of the blossoms have opened, and all the leaves still have not developed any further. The inflo had a lot of blossons, more so than any other plant. The tree looks like all my others did in March, when my first plumeria of the year started to wake up. The flowers are small, developed, close to the branches. I had moved this plumeria along with 7 others, into a planter. Should I be worried? Do you think there is anything I should do different? Shock from moving? None of my other plants had problems, in fact this one is probably is an area that gets sun earlier in the day, and for the longest period in the day (placed in the furtherest east, of a planter on the north side of my house, which runs east/west) compared to the other plants. Suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Inflo blossoms not opening

A picture might possibly be worth 1000 words, or so I've heard anyway. Not that "I" have the answer.

John

o
RE: Inflo blossoms not opening

I'd like to see a photo of the plant overall. Are the leaves stunted? or fully developed? If stunted, maybe the plant sustained some root damage from either cold or overwatering in the winter?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here