Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
honeybunny2_gw

Some pictures of my plants

honeybunny2 Fox
11 years ago

Here are some pictures of my plumeria taken last week when I was down.

This is Gold Coast Cotton Candy

This is Honey Queen just starting to open

This is the end of Mardi Gras, which was in full bloom the week before.

This is Siam Ruby the first one is really how dark it is, and the second picture was taken a day after. It is really the dark color.

This is Lani beauty just starting to bloom

This is a picture of one of my plumeria, but I do not remember its name. Enjoy. Barbra

Comments (17)

• Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
    11 years ago

Thank you for sharing, Barbara! Beautiful flowers. You're doing a great job. Wish I could sniff them!

-Robert

• tdogdad
    11 years ago

pretty pictures, pretty flowers. Love that Gold Coast Cotton Candy. Bill

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Gold coast cotton candy is beautiful, and smells great. I think my favorite is still Magnum Opus. I also love Makaha Sunn, only buds on her last week, They do not give her justice. I wish I would have had the camera the week before, oh my! I will get some good pictures, to post.I did not take pictures this week, I just couldn't because I was so upset about Albert. Barbra

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    11 years ago

B, very nice! Looks like we made it through the worst part of the summer. Now it's a piece of cake until next July.

We had about two inches of rain on sunday. Nice and steady all day long.

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    11 years ago

Barbra,

Great pics!! Your doing something right!!
    I love the Gold Coast Cotton Candy & Lani Beauty.
    Lani Beauty is on my next years list.

Lonnie

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    11 years ago

Thanks for posting the photos!

Need...more...photos! Please post photos of your Magnum Opus! Tell us what you like about it.

• John Perilloux
    11 years ago

That Gold Coast Cotton Candy is a beauty, and your photos are great.

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

Wow Barbra simply gorgeous!! I love them all but I love your GCCC and your Siam Ruby!! I think I bought a small Siam Ruby so it will be years before I see anything exciting.

I want to see your Makaha Sunn... is it still blooming? So more photos please! :) And great job w/ your new camera!

• beachplant
    11 years ago

They are all gorgeous!

I`m so sorry about Albert, I know how close ya`ll were.

Tally Ho!

• Richard
    11 years ago

that gold coast is stunning!

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

Hi Barbra,

I was trying to think of the ones i like best...

LOVE the GCCC. LOVE the Siam Ruby..

All are just beautiful..

But my favorite of all is still Lani.... : )

I would really like to see Makaha Sunn as well.. My MS will probably bloom in a few years.. sigh.

Thank you for the great pics, your camera takes great quality photos. They look like they are right in front of me.

Just beautiful..

Strong work!!

Laura

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    11 years ago

I agree with Laura, that you really do have a good camera and the colors and clarity really make for a most positive viewing experience! LOL!

Lani is one of my faves too.

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Beautiful, Barbra! I'd say the camera was a good choice. Takes nice crisp shots of those colors in full sun.

That's the first photo of GCCC that I've liked. That shot deserves to be in the PSA database for that variety. Can't wait to see Honey Queen open, too.

Siam Ruby makes lovely foliage as well as a pretty flower. You and I definitely have the same taste in hot colors!

Keep the photos coming!

• pcput
    11 years ago

Very nice Barbra ! I never knew GCCC could get that dark. Every pic I've seen it was a med pink. NICE! Thanks for getting the great camera so we could enjoy. Peg

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Peg, I took a picture of a butterfly on GCCC, later on in the afternoon, when we had cloud coverage, and it looked completely diffrent. You can see the picture of the GCCC with cloud coverage, on the thread about hummingbirds, its the last picture. The plumeria color with the butterfuly looked nothing like what I was seeing thru the lens. The color of the Siam Ruby the same thing happened. It is the color of the first picture. There must have been cloud coverage when I took the picture of it open. The second picture the Siam looks almost dark pink, and it is truely a beautiful dark red. I am glad I discovered this, and will watch when I take pictures, to make sure the true colors show. Barbra

• pcput
    11 years ago

Barbra, that pic is more what I thought it would look like. Thanks for pointing it out. Peg

• Kimo
    11 years ago

Hey Barbara,
    Loving your pics... Your Gold Coast Cotton candy looks like Ruby Gold from Oz, wonder if they are the same??
    Gorgeous..thanks for the show