Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Aztec Gold

Posted by No-Clue So Cal Zone 10 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 6, 12 at 22:59

My Aztec Gold just bloomed her last flower and boy is she not the most fragrant bloom of them all! AG is fast becoming my FAVORITE scent. She definitely shoulder to shoulder w/ Rhonda! For this alone I will keep her and hope she will bloom again for me next year. A must have for those who seek awesome smelling flowers!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Aztec Gold

You are too funny! It seems every week you've got a new fav. ;)

o

Lynn - I'll have to take your word on the AG scent. Hopefully next year I will be agreeing with you! :)

BTW, have you given any thought to landscaping at the new house?

Robert - I have a fear that she is going to use up her sense of smell! LOL

o

LOL Robert...

I must admit I don't like the way my AG grows... she's kind of tall and droopy/weepy but I guess I will keep her just for her beautiful flowers and AMAZING fragrance!

Mona, I won't have a big yard... so I will just line up my plumerias all along the edges. If I'm out of space I will move them to the front of the house. We'll see. :)

o

I just discovered a 7 or 8 feet tall, 10 feet wide AG about a half mile from me, landscaping for an apartment building. The trunk is probably 6 or 7 inches in diameter so it's been there quite awhile. Many inflos and the peach smell is intoxicating. I've probably driven by it a hundred times and never saw it, probably because I was watching the road as I drove. LOL

o

I feel the same way, I smelt it at the show, they only had a 2 gallon left, but I took it cause I want to smell that one next year!

o

i want one.

Del, Ill need exact GPS coordinates to this tree. I understand it needs a bit of a trimming, LOL

Mike

o

Yes intoxicating is the proper word to describe her fragrance. I was told that the more mature the tree the stronger the fragrance. It's ok if I have one or two tall trees.

I was driving by our baby's school this AM and saw a HUGE tree! I have no idea what it was even though I was rubber necking the whole way. I will need to stop and analyze this tree when I pick up DD today. :)

o

Mike,
I just put a couple cuttings in pots last week, if your interested in one. They came from Florida. Or I can give you Hetty's contact info in Florida. She has access to several AG trees and sells cuttings pretty cheap.

Lonnie

o

• Posted by mksmth oklahoma 7a (My Page) on
    Fri, Sep 7, 12 at 14:54

Hey Lonnie

thanks for the offer. Im going hold out and get a rooted one next spring. Im not having the best of luck with rooting a few now and since winter is approaching and Im moving in a month or so I need to wait.

Thanks
Mike

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here