Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Last feeding of the season....

Posted by alohalani (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 27, 12 at 23:52

When does everyone give their plumes the last fertilizer feeding of the season. We have had such a long hot spell here....I think I will be giving them one last feeding tomorrow.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Last feeding of the season....

Lani,
I was always told that you stop fertilizing after Aug. You can apply things after that to winterize their plumies but they do not fertilize as it can cause late season soft growth that can easily be damaged by cold or frost in winter. But the funny thing as I did not fertilize at all this season I decided to apply Liquid fertilzer today even though its late..lol Plus it never gets really cold during winter in the South Bay..

o

What do you use for winterizing? We "ve had such a long hot summer! Which liquid fertilizer do you use?

o

What do you use for winterizing? We "ve had such a long hot summer! Which liquid fertilizer do you use?

o

I usually stop in September. Everything got fed 1-2 weeks ago. I will continue to feed the inground plants as they will continue growing through November. I only use organics.
This close to the Gulf you really think about what you are dumping in your garden.
Tally Ho!

o

I have a few plants developing inflos this late in the season, do they need any food?! I know we're supposed to have stopped feeding, and I have, but I was wondering if I should give these with inflos some fertilizer or just leave them be?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here