Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vera Cruz Rose

Posted by tdogdad Zone 9 (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 16, 10 at 0:14

I have been watching 2" buds sitting on my Vera Cruz Rose waiting for sun to open them. With constant fog and even light rain (abnormal for October in calif.) I thought they might drop off but two started to open this afternoon. Perhaps tomorrow they will show their faces. Now if I can get some more heat to open my siam red and Kalina so I can see what they look like.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vera Cruz Rose

VCR opens in the cool, rainy weather.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

o

Hello Bill, beautiful flower it kind of looks like Aztec Gold with the pink stripe on the back. I'm looking forward to see mine blooming, may be in a year or two.

o

Erika- my Aztec Gold is more gold and has only a very faint pink on the back. It also smells peachy whereas the VCR smells like a red rose. Perhaps in more heat and humidity the AG will show more color.
Aztec Gold:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

o

Both are beautiful!!! The growing season just ended and I don't know how I'll be able to wait until spring gets here. Hopefully we'll have a "normal" spring and summer next year.

o

That's a good lookin Aztec Gold. The color is very good.
IMHO... from the land of heat and oppresive humidity.(may - sep)
Houston - Cloudy and 90F tomorrow. :O
Hey, I see So. Cal. got some morning thunder storms today. Very strange.

o

Bill, that is just beautiful. I love the dark pink band on the back.

o

Dave- Your friend Boca Joe came by this morning and really liked the VCR. He was very nice and enjoyed the jungle. Bill

o

Yeah, he gave me a call after he left your place and told me how much he enjoyed your plumeria plantation! LOL!

o

hey Bill-

I am still inhaling that great fragrance of the Vera Cruz rose.

Great collection , the best I have seen!

The plumerias you gave me made it home fine.

Boca Joe

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here