Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wicked wind, plants busted

Posted by kbauman S0 CA SFV (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 30, 09 at 0:47

Hi
darn Darn... Had some busts gusts of wind last couple days. Had a 6 foot large wide Daisy Wilcox..(Tonys) In full bloom, tripled growth..busted in half and uprooted at this moment just trying to figure out how to hold up... and major bent foilage..
Heart breaking..being at moment being held up, got to figure this one out..... Trying to put put all on porth..waited 5 years for this plant to finally bloom

shoot.
Karen B

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wicked wind, plants busted

That is why most of my plants have conduit poles that support them and the major branches. Cuts down on the losses. good to hear your voice KB. Bill

o

Hi Bill

I only have about 8 plants, to keep for the fall. But hate that that 6 ft one busted up.. Will see If I can mabybe cut off all the busted leaves..

do have about 40 to to stay on my patio.. so far ok.
Karen B

o

KarenB,
Welcome back to the forum. The winds blew pretty good out here in the San Gabriel Valley. A few of my plants toppled over. I was fortunate that there was no damage. My plants are getting ready for the winter, leaves turning yellow and falling off.
Hope you find a solution to save that 6 footer. Good luck!
-Rick

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here