Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Surprising result of HO indoor lighting

Posted by arctictropical Z4 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 17, 10 at 0:53

A couple of weeks ago, I moved all of my 40 plumerias inside, under T-5 high output florescent lighting, since we were having 28-30 degree temperatures at night in my cool, northern Utah mountain valley. I didn't get any inflos. this summer accept for a plant purchased on-line from southern california that already had buds when it arrived. There was no sign of inflos. on any of my other plants when I moved them inside. After 2 weeks inside, I noticed several plants are pushing up new inflos! My plummies must like their new lighting and warmer temperatures inside. Without my indoor lighting, I doubt I'd ever see many blossoms.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Surprising result of HO indoor lighting

Pretty ironic that they actually like being indoors more than being outdoors! Congratulations on the blooms! At least you have nice blooms to keep you thinking of summer all winter long!
Good luck!
-Alex

o
RE: Surprising result of HO indoor lighting

Twelve-plus hours of good artificial light will induce blooming and growth all winter.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here