Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mediterranean_zon10b

Deep red plumeria slow rooting .

Hello to everyone from Spain, I ' ve just joined this forum seeing the vast amount of good info that is in it.

The thing is that I have a deep red plumeria cutting planted in the same media and with the same procedure done that I do with the rest of the cuttings( high drainage soil mixed with perlite in a ratio 1:1,very sparingly watered since they are potted up, and enough direct sun exposure) .
The cutting is now being potted since early July , all the other cuttings sent roots out of the black container EXCEPT THE RED!!!. Indeed I could check that the cutting is not in the same hydratation state than the other , showing some wrinkles and falling out the initial tiny closed leaves. I know the let it be approach but I hadn't the necessary patience so carefully I removed from the soil TWICE!! Four main roots are forming but the process with this cutting is taking a lot of days, although I live in a zone10b and we have still 80 F�, november send them directly to dormancy.
would be a wise idea to change it to transparent pot and start using heat mats to accelerate the rooting?
I will add a photo to the post.
Thank you all beforehand and also please correct my writing if you see any major mistake!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Premier Home Services, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Loudoun County Complete Turn-Key Contracting Solutions