Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mistaken ID

Posted by Minderella 9 Lake County FL (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 9, 12 at 9:45

My Lani is flowering for first time and blooms are starting to open up. Lo and behold it is yellow on the inside. I bought 2 cuttings last November, one rotted and the other one which was marked Lani's beauty is the one that made it. So now I think Celadine made it and Lani is the one who didn't. I will take a pic when it opens and see what others think it might be.

Mindy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mistaken ID

Mindy,
By chance did you buy the cuttings from Just Plumeria??

o

Yes I did. Why do you ask? It has opened a little bit more and it is diffently yellow all over the petal, before the petal opened I could see a stripe of pink on the back of petal. What name is this probably?

Mindy

o

Mindy,
Unless the flower opens all the way and you have pic of the leaves and scent description could be heard to say especially as it is fall and plumies look different in fall then they do in the summer with as the lighting and heat are different.
Lanis though will be red when you see it not yellow, so will say its def not Lani. Did you contact the seller and request a replacement?

I am attaching a link to a GW thread about Just Plumeria if that is where you bought them using fake pics to sell their stuf

Here is a link that might be useful: Just Plumeria

o

PLUMERIA013

Here is a pic alittle bit open more

o

Could be Celadine. Wait till the flower opens up 100 percent. Celadine has a slight bend tot he petal, but based on the leaves and flower it might be. Celadine also has a double vein on the edge when you look at the back side of the leaf. If there is not a double vein running around the edge then its not celadine.

o

Hi Mindy,,

Like James said.. the leaves look like a Celadine..

Interesting link James..

Laura

o

Here are the pictures taken this morning. I am thinking it is a Celadine too.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I am a little disappointed but now I know before I bought a Celadine, will now just get a Lani's beauty next year from a reputable seller.

Mindy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here