Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yellow Spots

Posted by kevabear zone 9 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 22, 06 at 11:26

Well excuse me if this shows up twice. I posted, then came back and it's gone....So, anyway, here we go again.
I was looking at my outside planted plummies and noticed on one that the leaves don't look so well. There is browning and yellow spots. I know they will be going dormant soon, so maybe it doesn't matter, however... So here's a pic, not great, but you'll get the idea. Any thoughts?
Thanks, Lauri

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yellow Spots

Hi Lauri,

That looks like rust to me... You will need to treat it with a fungicide. I use "Fung Away" (systematic) for my plants. I am sure there are lots of others that will work as well.

HTH's,

Joe

o

My gosh, my leaves are rusting. Who'd have thought? Thanks Joe!
Lauri

o

Hi Lauri,

NP. It is the end of the season...I am in So Cali and the leaves on some of my plumies are starting to fall off, so you can just let them fall off and not worry about it. I do have one that doesn't drop it's leaves at all.

Joe

o

I have the same spots but only on the above side,the underside is clean ? started by looking like spidermite damage,treated with anti fungus and anti spidermite(no succes),looks also like rust to me.
Had a botanic come to see my plants,did not knew the answer.
If anyone have suggestions they arew welcome!
Consider to have the leaves analysed by special agriculture laboratory

greet,Michael

o

Lauri,
Florida is known for rust around this time of year. Best thing to do is cut those leaves off before it spreads and discard in a bag. Rust will not kill your plant but just make it look unsightly.

o

Thanks for all the info. Glad for that plant it is the end of the season. Gotta love this here forum!
Lauri

o

Exotic Plumaria suggested that using a fungicide with Bayleton is the best way to control rust. I just got some and will keep the list informed as to how well it controls rust, which is obviously what has infected the leaf in Kevabear's photo

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here