Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gidgetsocal

Help ID?

gidgetsocal
9 years ago

This just bloomed off of a no id cutting I got in Maui. I was wondering if it looks familiar to anyone. I'd love to put a name to it.

Thanks!
Wendi

Comments (9)

• Kimo
    9 years ago

Wendi,
    Looks beautiful!!! Because its a new cutting, and it's the end of the season I would on the ID till it tries to bloom again or maybe next cycle of blooms after that. Because of the variables, the flower probably looks totally different then it would normally, thus a hard ID. What ever it is, it is very pretty and I see some red blushing on the edges. Do you happen to have a pic of flowers in Maui, or the mother tree inflos?

That would help.

• gidgetsocal
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here is a picture of the mother tree. I wish I had a better photo to show you. I will see if I can find another.

Thank you for your help!

• gidgetsocal
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Still not the best, but a little clearer!

• Kimo
    9 years ago

This Ebay seller from Maui use to sell one that looked solid yellow like that one. I think she used a make up name for her plumies. What is the scent like? The growth habit looks a bit leggy.

• Kimo
    9 years ago

This Ebay seller from Maui use to sell one that looked solid yellow like that. I think she used a make up name for her plumies. What is the scent like? The growth habit looks a bit leggy.

This post was edited by freak4plumeria on Sat, Oct 18, 14 at 15:39

• gidgetsocal
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The scent is fresh and fruity - not perfume-y at all.

• rox146
    9 years ago

Gidge, I brought 1 back from Oahu like this...same growth habit and scent. I had ordered Heidi Gold from Mike here in Callie and wow...the 2 looked and grew the exact same and same scent....hard with the noids to ever really be sure???? roxanne

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    9 years ago

It is a beauty, Wendi!!!

Wow.. ,love the coloration too! Good eye on the on the blushing, James....

Hi Rox!! Love this one.. My Heidi has never bloomed and I'm afraid it is on the block.... Lol!!

Nice to see you all...

Wendi.. It's beautiful!! Whatever it is, it's gorgeous !. Oh.. Like the other one you posted.. I can't confirm that's it is a Gee Petch, just wanted to confirm that I didn't want to call it that.... It looks similar,, Its so difficult to accurately Id a tree.. I just wanted you to look at the GP and see. ;-)

Have a wonderful night!!

Xoxo

Laura

• gidgetsocal
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Rox! - I looked at Heidi Gold, and it looks similar. I may never know what it is. Keeping my fingers crossed this makes it as it got some heat damage from our recent heat wave. Thanks for helping!

Hey, Laura! Good to see you posting! Thanks for helping me to id my no namers. I guess for know, I will call it Gee Maybe Petch? And Heidi Might Be Gold? Lol!! I'll enjoy them just the same. ;-)

Have a wonderful day!!

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County