Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
JL Hawaiian Fire

Posted by loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 2, 13 at 11:51

Hi Everyone!!

Just wanted to show another bloom on my Hawaiian fire. He still is producing blooms ...

Have a great day!!

Today..

Take care,

Laura

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: JL Hawaiian Fire

This was in the heat of the summer...

Much lighter and full of fire !

Laura

o

Wow Laura,
that is beautiful.

George

o

I did not know Hawaiian Fire was a boy? :-) roxanne

o

Wow! Love the color changes! Great plant!

Mark

o

wow!! gorgeous flower Laura!!

Chuy

o

Wow, Laura, very nice :) One of those I definitely have on my "maybe someday" list. Does it have a nice fragrance?

o

This prooves that some can be beauties just by the single flower.

o

Laura, that is one special flower. I can see why JL doesn't want these beauties to become common.

o

Hello Everyone!!!

Thank you for all of the kind compliments on my Hawaiian Fire!! He/ She truly is a beautiful tree and I am so happy to have seen it bloom all summer long. It still has a few blooms waiting to open and I get so excited to see them open. Truly , I have never seen such fire and beautiful veining in a bloom.

This was a very special gift!

George. Thank you for the compliment!! I tried to send you a response to your email, but you have it that you can't receive messages from GW.

Hi Roxanne!! Lol. I'm not sure either, but HE Impressed me so much, that I have been referring to the HF as a male.. Isn't that funny? Some are feminine and some are masculine to me.. It is funny tho!!! Mahalo!!!

Hi Mark!! There is a huge change since the very first bloom and then I took this picture when it was just so impressive. I still can't get over the beauty I see. Thank you so much!! I do appreciate your comments!!

Thank you Chuy!!! This is my baby right now.. I watch it all of the time and make sure the dogs don't get to near.. Makes the family need more " eye drops". LMAO!!!

Hi Mike!! Thank you as well. You have some beauties in your yard. They are all so beautiful and different. Thank you so much!! The fragrance is very strong, I detect the smell of roses.. Some might say floral, but it is stronger than any other tree other than VCR. I love this Hawaiian Fire! It is a must have!

Hi K.. Thank you so much for the special compliment. It is true, one bloom can say so much!!! I'm glad you can see it too! Thank you!!!

Hi Jen!! Thank you as well... I love this baby!!! It is a little treasure of Jim Littles and I also can understand how he keeps them close to him. I hope to see you out in Cali for the open house at JJ's ? Get those dates set.. We will have so much fun..

Take care everyone!!!

Laura

This post was edited by loveplants2 on Fri, Oct 4, 13 at 13:52

o

Hi Laura,
it is GW that is screwed up. I cannot even get to it to change.

George

o

Love It! Love It! Love It! Nothing more needs to be said.
Peg

o

That second pic looks like it belongs on the cover of a manual about plumerias.

Great color, fantastic flower shape, large over-lapping petals, which I like.

What is the plant habit like? Compact? Lanky?

o

Absolutely beautiful... your plumeria is picture perfect... could be in a garden magazine hehe... :-)

I love how it changes color depending on the weather...

o

Hi Peg!!! Mahalo!!! You know how special this tree is to me!! I love it too!

Hey Dave.. I can't Thank you enough for those awesome compliments!! I do love the pic that I took and I'm going to make cards with this pic... But for you to say that? Wow!! You just made my day and then some!!! All of the qualities you see and describe are the same qualities that impressed me as well. I have only had this for one growing season, but it has split into three stems from the inflo. It seems to be growing at an average growth rate. It definitely isn't a slow grower tho. I will keep you updated as far as it growing habits. Since it has split already, I don't think it will be one of the lanky ones, thank goodness!!! Again, Thank you so much for your kind words..

Hi Myke!! Thank you!! So kind of you to say that. What a great compliment!!
It has changed again, the bloom is almost a solid red/orange right now.. The heat as well as other factors play a huge change in the coloration.

Have a great night!!!

Laura

o

HOW IN THE WORLD DID I MISS THIS??? OMG, Laura, seriously, MADE ME GASP! That is spectacular!!! Really truly spectacular. I hope to see you post many more pictures of this amazing flower!

o

Amazing how the heat changed it. Absolutely gorgeous.

o

I had missed this one, too! Must have been during the rush to get everyone winterized!

How gorgeous, though. Did it hold it's inflo over winter?

o

Hi Emily!!!

You are so cute!! Thank you!! I also love looking at this baby and I hope it will bloom again this summer. It has three stems since it bloomed, so I am really keeping my fingers crossed!! I could feel your excitement and I really appreciate it!!

Thank you Powder!!

Hi Mona!! So nice to see you !! We have missed you!! ;-)

Have a great day, everyone!!

Laura

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here