Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dave_in_nova

Laura, watch out!

Here we go again. At least all the plumies are inside.

Comments (9)

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Crazy weather! Hope you guys are gonna be okay with all that wind. Any winter mix expected in VA?

We had high 80's yesterday with high humidity and today it's 50's and rainy.

• pcput
    11 years ago

It looks like everyone on the east coast is going to feel this one. Glad your plants are in Dave and so are mine. I know Laura was working on hers. We are to get rain, wind and flooding but those a little farther north could be in for more. Hope it spares everyone and please stay safe. Peg

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    11 years ago

I hope you all make it thought OK.

Mike

• Kimo
    11 years ago

Laura,

Stay safe and hope all goes well.

• irun5k
    11 years ago

High ends today even here on the *west* coast of Florida. Stay safe, everyone on the east side.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

Hi Dave,

Just when you think all is fine..

Oh Boy!!! I finished bringing all of my trees yesterday and putting the furniture away from the house (outdoor) i guess DH will have to tie it all together like other hurricanes. I just wish i was not on this trip.. ARGG!

Fill up those gas containers for your generators... It's going to be a bad one. I had a dream last night my greenhouse was blown into my pool.. Yikes!!

My trip ends on Monday early evening and that is when it is projected to hit. The airlines haven't said what they will do, but i just saw on the news that most airports will shut down on Monday all along the east coast. So i might get stranded.. ARGG!

I like to be home for these storms, so i can take care of the house. Not having control really stinks!! At least he will be there to take care of the outside. We have two generators and i'm sure they will be needed. sigh..

Thanks everyone for your concern.. Peg, Dave and the other Big Wave Dave, please be careful as well as others in the area that are in Sandy's path. They are now saying this could be a megastorm.. That doensn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy...

Thanks James.. Ill be fine. I just worry about things being picked up and whipped into the windows.. Hurricane force winds can do some real damage.

Mike good to be in OK EH? ;-)

Brian.. did you have any damage from winds?

Jen.. Thank you. I was thinking about you today and i wanted to say hi!! Hope you and the little one have a wonderful Halloween!! Ill see my little one tomorrow.. if the weather holds out.. We shall see!! No winter mix expected in VA. But with these two systems merging together and the weathermen have said they have never seen this type of system or even the computer models haven't ever seen this type of storm predicted..makes me wonder..

Stay safe Peg.. Ill be around. Cell charged.. So i can keep tuned into what is happening. Im up and down the east coast. Ill get up with you..

Take care,

• irun5k
    11 years ago

Hi Laura,

Overnight my Makok Sapodilla blew over. I was amazed that something didn't snap- that would have been unfortunate especially since it is full of small fruit right now. It landed on top of a Thumbalina and an umbrella pant so maybe they broke the fall. Needless to say it is in the garage now :)

For some reason the wind chart showed that we were getting the worst of the winds even though we're on the other side of it, but I guess this is one of those oddities of tropical systems. Hoping that this thing doesn't cause you all too much trouble as it moves north....

Stay safe-
    Brian

• sbrow156
    11 years ago

Hope you all and your plants are ok. Will be thinking of you. Stay safe.

Sarah

• citizen_insane
    11 years ago

Hey Laura,
    you are on the left side of the Hurricane so you are going to be OK. Make sure you do not have any plants in pots out in the open. They will launch like misiles in hurricane force winds. Also look out for tornadoes that come with the hurricane. Those are a lot more distructive than the hurricane itself. Good luck.

tc,
    George

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living