Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elucas101

My Updates - Loretta, Kaneohe, Mystery, etc.

elucas101
11 years ago

Here are a few blooms I've been lucky enough to get! First up is Loretta - what a gorgeous and generous bloomer she is! This is from a cutting that rooted a few months back so I can only imagine what she can do when she's a bit bigger!

Here's Kaneohe Sunburst - the single flower is from a couple of weeks ago, the cluster was taken yesterday. (P.S., Laura, if you see this I wanted to thank you for your sweet comments on my earlier post of this flower before it was fully open!!!)

{{gwi:1178404}}

The cluster looks a little ragged and not the best pic, the plant has been inside for several days due to weather.

{{gwi:1178402}}

My mystery:

Close up of the yellow lines that radiate from the center:

My Goldilocks cutting was potted up on 9/21/12 and is showing signs of life! The big leaf was already there but I'm getting some serious claw / leaf action! The tallest new leaf is now almost fully open and the other claws are getting bigger as of this morning. (Picture taken about a week ago).

And Bali Palace is picking up it's rooting where it left off!(Some of you may know I bought 2 "rooted" plants - this one had truly rooted already as it has picked up so fast, however the other, a Maui Sunset was not truly rooted and rotted on me within a week. Even though I tried to re-cut and callous, it didn't make it.) All of the leaves and claws are new on this one.

Well that's about it for now, I hope you're all doing great!

Comments (7)

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    11 years ago

E,
    Nice Job! My Loretta is one year old so it should bloom next year. Now I have something to look forward to. I bet the summertime colors on it are even more rich.

• jandey1
    11 years ago

You got some great shots, E! The first one looks like good screen wallpaper. Lucky you to get those great late season blooms.

Did Loretta come from Matt? I can't remember seeing it anywhere else.

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    11 years ago

I got mine at the clear lake sale from the cowboy hat guy in the back row.

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    11 years ago

I got mine at the clear lake sale from the cowboy hat guy in the back row.

• elucas101
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks you guys! I'm really pleased with Loretta - even under not so ideal conditions she's cranking out the blooms! The flowers are very fragrant and I catch a whiff just walking near the plant. I'm not good with scents but to me it's a little more perfumy than classic plumie scent. How's that for a scientific description?

I actually got Loretta as part of Gabby's generous gift when I won a contest she had on the MPG forum! She was so sweet she sent me 4 cuttings instead of the original 2 she was giving away. She sent me Loretta, Gina, Gloria Schmidt (which is also growing an inflo!) and Maui Beauty. The MB didn't make it but all the others are thriving!

• Minderella
    11 years ago

elucus, All of them are beautiful. I love the Loretta and the Mystery with the stripes.

I only have Celadine blooming and Divine. But I like them.

Mindy

• elucas101
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Mindy! You have 2 very good ones- believe it or not Celadine is actually on my wish list!

Check out this seller - they only sell Celadine. I think I ordered from them years ago and if I remember correctly they were great. I was thinking if shipping is reasonable then in the spring maybe I'll get a multi tipped canopy cutting, $5 per tip...

http://molokaiplumerias.com/buycuttings.php

Sponsored