Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Was I Right to Panic?

Posted by hawkeye38 7bAL (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 6, 12 at 13:04

I have pampered my 3 plants, (Guiott's Sunset, I think) for 2 summers now and finally a bud showed up on the largest plant at the end of August. It took a good 3 weeks to almost bloom and then the temp plummets to 50's. So I had a panic attack and moved the plants inside so they would stay warm. The days were sunny and warm so I moved the bloomer out during day and in for night. The buds slowly began to swell and finally a bloom, then another the next day. Then a full day of light rain and 2 more of clouds and everything stopped. Finally my neighbor suggested a florescent light. I put one over the bloom and things began to happen over night. Buds began swelling again started opening within a day. Still putting it out in the sun seemed to help the nightly lighting and it is now adorned with several blooms although the florescent has altered the color of the blooms. It still is a beauty. Photo shows today's blooms after a week of night light. I believe that if I had left them outside without moving to sunny side and using the night light I probably still would not have blooms. It will be 42F tomorrow night.Brrr. Was I right to panic?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Was I Right to Panic?

I think you did right. You don't seem concerned about the virus, or color break, evident in this photo. Personally I think it looks great.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here