Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
the_first_kms2

Plumeria eye candy

the_first_kms2
11 years ago

Thought I would share Hawaii Wal-Mart's Plumeria selection. All generics but still fun to play with for $5 each. White, Pink, Yellow, and Red.

Comments (15)

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    11 years ago

how cool! When i was there in 2006 plumeria was far from one of my hobbies so I never even paid attention to things like that.

Next time will be different.

Mike

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

Who could resist that candy?

...not me!!

Thanks for the pics k.

take care,

Laura

• sbrow156
    11 years ago

They sell plumeria like that over there? WOW wierd!! :P here in australia u cant even buy seeds...i mean u could probably source seeds but not from nursaries or shops like bunnings or masters...but theres so many plants everywhere they are not hard to find...in fact no plants are sold like that over here...u either buy the plant or the seeds but they generally only sell seeds for herbs, vegies or ground flowers...not for anything like plumeria...thats really interesting..

Sarah

• jandey1
    11 years ago

K, I know you have more "eye candy" photos on your phone. And you know how much we love photos!

Sarah, I'm pretty sure about 90% of plumeria addiction in America can be traced to those inexpensive plastic baggies of cuttings, lol. I once bought a couple for my mom at a mall in Florida.

Do you mean you can't buy cuttings of plumeria in Australia, even when they grow everywhere? I've heard in Hawaii the cuttings get thrown out with the trash, which makes those of us on the mainland cry! Australia has produced some amazing varieties--let us know if you want to send us any of your "yard clippings" ;)

• elucas101
    11 years ago

The pinks are 5.25 and the yellows are 5.58? HIGHWAY ROBBERY! Just kidding, can you imagine?! I'm really glad I don't live near that JL kiosk at the Dole Plantation OR by Jungle Jack's...I guess :(

• sbrow156
    11 years ago

Yes correct you don't buy cuttings here, just rooted plants in pots and more mature plants in pots... I suppose you could source them online but with so many nurseries selling potted ones u don't really need them. Also that if I wanted a cutting I could just go around the neighborhood and cut off alittle of someone's tree on their nature strip .. Coz they are that common :P there's a nice big one across the road from me right now :P

Sarah

• sbrow156
    11 years ago

and yes *embarrassed face* we do throw away our cuttings :/ But when i cut mine ill let you all know ;) maybe some of you would like some fruit salad :P

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    11 years ago

Sarah - are you toying with our emotions? :)

Put me on the list for wanting some fruit salad!

K - jen thinks you have more pics. Holding out on us, huh?

• sbrow156
    11 years ago

Sure thing moonie. I might go for a walk around the neighborhood tonight and see what i can find also :P would like a red, pink or orange one :D if i find anything ill let you all know.

Sarah

• chimaan
    11 years ago

Sarah put me on that list too please.

John

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Moonie I'll post more later tonite. Here is another i have on my phone. I have a pic of the biggest singapore obtusa i have ever seen. Perhaps 30' tall and a canopy over 30' across. I' ll post that too.

I think the 5.25 price was for the Ti plant above the plumeria. The reds and whites were on the other side.

• Minderella
    11 years ago

Sara,
    You are able to send plumeria from your home to the US? I bet shipping would be expensive.

Mindy

• sbrow156
    11 years ago

yes it should be fine...just a few dollars for shipping i recon :)

Sarah

• Minderella
    11 years ago

Sarah, I would like some cuttings when they are available. Just let me know how much when you get some.

Mindy

• Richard
    11 years ago

Its like selling sand in the desert for me. I dont know why you would buy them unless they were really hard to find colors but I would buy a pallet of hawaiian host chocolates if I could buy that much and take it back with me

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor