Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenofthemuse

Albino Plumeria Seedling

gardenofthemuse
12 years ago

Hello all, you might remember I posted a while ago about purchasing "blue" plumeria seeds from ebay. Well they arrived, finally, and I planted about 200 or so of them.

They are sprouting nicely and looking good. One of them is pure cream or white color. I have seen this once with a desert rose seedling and it died in a few weeks, no chlorophyll I assume. Have any of you had a plumeria seedling like this? Anyone know if I can do something to help it stay alive or is the little guy doomed? I've posted a few pic's of it.

Sue

Comments (10)

• gardenofthemuse
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I forgot to add that I am not waiting for a blue plumeria, I know the seller is full of beans, but I'm hopeing for some interesting colors!

• jandey1
    12 years ago

Wow, you've been busy! Are those brug cuttings, too? I like the pot benches you have set up.

I'm sorry to say that the white one will probably not make it, but you never know. I had one that started out with bright red true leaves, so unusual, but it struggled and no matter how much I babied it, it died.

Yours may still develop color, even a very pale color and survive; I hope so. Keep us posted. Plumeria seedlings are a lot of fun to watch develop their own personalities!

Jen

• Ament
    12 years ago

Hm, not sure if the little albie will survive Sue. I hope it will, just to see if something interesting will come of it. I'm curious though about the seedlings, can't wait to see what comes of them! :D

Do you have any extras you'd be willing to share for postage maybe?

~Tina

• gardenofthemuse
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I will just hope for the best with the little guy, he has become my favorite lately, but from what I have managed to find on the internet, I don't think he has a chance.

Jen, yes I sure have been busy trying to get them going before we get chilly here in SW Florida. Those are brug cuttings, strong little growers those are! I just received in September, 15 named and 12 unknown varieties. I have become obsessed with brugs last year.

Tina, I am going to start another 200 or so seeds this coming week. If I decide that I just can't plant anymore of them, I will for sure offer some to you and others here. I am quickly filling up space in the greenhouses, I always think I have more room than I actually do! I am truely a plantaholic.

• Ament
    12 years ago

Muse,

I too am filling my house, I've no green house yet. I think once I fill my house and DH gets sick of it... maybe... Just maybe he will buck up and get me a green house. LoL

As it is, MIL isn't going to like coming here. Seems she's got a plant phobia. *giggles* She thinks they take the oxygen out of the air. Of all things!

Anyway, I would certainly absolutely love some seeds, if you just don't have the room for them. :)

~Tina

• kimmiesplummies
    12 years ago

Hi
    I just started seedling a couple of weeks ago and it looks about like yours. I want to know what do you fertilize it are how often you water your seedlings?

*KiM*

• solanaceae_lady
    10 years ago

I have a seedling that sprouted similar to the albino. But it has a pink stem with true leaves that also appear pinkish. Will it die too?

• elucas101
    10 years ago

Hi there! Well, I know it's sad, but the truth is that a plant that can't green up is just not able to sustain life. I'm not saying yours won't green up, just IF it doesn't...it's impossible to tell you a definite yes or no as to if it will though.

After being on this forum for a while and growing seedlings myself, I realized how much time and space each seedling takes and it can be hard to see one not make it, but at the same time the fact is they just don't have the proper DNA to be a healthy plant, no fault of yours.

It looks like you have quite a few seedlings going, do you know what kind they are? We'd love to see pictures of your plants and hear more about them!

• michaelmalone28
    4 years ago

Not sure if it's too late to comment on this, but, I just germinated 200 seedlings bought from Thailand and growing in Central Florida. One of mine is an Albino.... my first out of about 500 so far. I do have 10 variegated plants to my pleasant surprise. I'm sorry to hear that my Albino plant might not make it, but, it will just give room for another healthy plant. Please excuse the fuzzy pic... it's 5:30 PM here in Orlando and getting a little darker.