Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please give advices-shriveled plumeria cutting

Posted by Nguy none (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 29, 13 at 15:41

Hi everyone,

I purchased a J105 cutting online two weeks ago. I am going to start rooting it today but the bottom part of the cutting is shriveled (please see picture). I don't see any rot, but that part is soft and in dark color. Would you please give me advices how to do in this case? Should I cut off the shriveled part of just do rooting without cut-off. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please give advices-shriveled plumeria cutting

• Posted by mksmth oklahoma 7a (My Page) on
    Tue, Oct 29, 13 at 21:00

The shriveled part is no good now. Cut it until you get a good clean area. Allow it to callous then root.

The vendor may replace it if you ask nice.

Mike.

o
RE: Please give advices-shriveled plumeria cutting

• Posted by Nguy none (My Page) on
    Mon, Nov 4, 13 at 13:22

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply. I contacted the vendor and the cutting will be replaced. The vendor asked me to cut the cutting and I did, It has rot in it. The rooten part was 5 inches and the intact part is 6 inches. The vendor doesn't ask me send back the intact part, so I am trying to root that short cutting.
Thanks again Mike.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here