Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pudica Bridal Bouquet

Posted by kimmiesplummies ZoNe 9, Nederland Tx (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 29, 11 at 15:59

Can some one tell me about the Pudica.
A nice lady friend gave me one because i bought some Plumerias from her. I know its a specie of the Plumeria family, but does it go dormant also?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pudica Bridal Bouquet

• Posted by kms2 8b (My Page) on
    Mon, Oct 31, 11 at 14:40

I think its evergreen or has a very short dormancy.

o

The other thing about the pudica is that the flowers have zero scent. It's an attractive enough plant, I suppose, but I think that most of us plumie addicts would not take up space growing it, when there are so many fabulous rubras (and obtusas) to grow instead.

But grow it for a while and decide for yourself--you can always re-gift it down the line to a non-addict.

Greg

o

Here in St. Pete, my Rubras and Obtusa are looking poor due to a "cold snap" down into the 60's a few weeks ago. It will be spring before they show new leaves and early summer before they are in full foliage.

OTOH I have a Pudica that has yet to have a single leaf turn yellow and it is still pumping out new inflos. Everyone that sees it makes a remark about it. I think it is definitely a plant worth having in your collection.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here