Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
TX Cool front, 48 deg approaching: water or keep on the dry side?

Posted by funinthesunincl Z9 TX Gulf Coast (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 27, 11 at 16:06

With the first cool front of the season approaching, do you water your plumies or keep on dry side? I always water my other tropicals, but seems to me I read somewhere to keep them on the dry side. What do you think? It's too early to move them in for the winter if needed at all. Thanks!!! ~MJ

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: TX Cool front, 48 deg approaching: water or keep on the dry s

• Posted by kms2 9TX (My Page) on
    Thu, Oct 27, 11 at 21:52

I would water them if I had to but why not wait a day or two. Worse that can happen is to loose a few leaves and that's going to happen anyways.

o

Darn it, what happened to my 60% chance of rain? I didn't water because I was waiting for the good stuff to fall from the sky today and it never did.

MJ, I usually water right before a cool front. If nothing else the wind dries out their foliage so badly in these fronts that they seem to really need the added moisture.

Gotta go dig out some sweaters now. Sheesh.

o

It is raining cats & dogs over here!!!! WOW!!!

o

Hello Everyone,

MaryJane,

We are having a cold front approach here as well...temps are hitting down to 45 tonight....

My trees are all moist and actually wet. I would rather them stay like that for the days of the front to pass, so they will remain heavy and then once the front passes, they will dry out pretty fast.

I do want to start to dry them out to prepare them to be brought inside, but i did have to bring in some that were pretty moist. Most are inside except four huge trees, and with the rain they are way to heavy to lift. So they will stay out until this front passes and have a chance to dry out!!!

Good Luck down there!!!

Jen...I hope you finally get some rain!!! You have really had a time with this...

North of us...snow!!!

Glad im off for the next four days!!! Things could get pretty nasty up in the north east!!! UGGGG!

Take care,

Laura in VB

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here