Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
moonie_57

Got a start on overwintering!

moonie_57 (8 NC)
11 years ago

Can you believe it got down to 46* in my back yard last night? It just seems too early to me. And I was barely ahead of the game. Sure hope my grandson doesn't come to spend the night anytime soon as I am in the process of creating a disaster, turning his bedroom into a plumie room. :)

Here's a few pics of the mess I have created and in the next few days I have to take it all apart and put plastic down on the floor. On my cuttings table, I have a 4 ft heatmat, several florescent lights, and a 4 ft shop light. Below the table are some smaller plants with florescent lights and several clamp lights. Also posted is a pic of the shop light stand I built from pvc. Just for future reference... 1 1/2 inch pvc is overkill! Why wasn't my DH with me shopping to tell me 1" would be fine?

You can also see the foil thermal blanket I am using to cover my cuttings, hopefully keeping light in. Walmart did not have them in stock but I hope to get a couple more to put around the light stand.

Hopefully this will get me through the winter. My larger plants are going to work to overwinter in the greenhouse there.

((Please don't poke fun at the fat cat in the pic. She has been put on a diet.. again and again and again! LOL))

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus