Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
anamaly update

Posted by rox146 none (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 17, 13 at 19:05

Here is the most recent photo of the weird branch on 1 of my seedlings. The curve seems to be getting larger. The good news is, the "normal" branch has a late inflo coming. roxanne

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: anamaly update

I have a seedling that has one of those claw looking things on it but it is only about two or three wide. Weird. Clara

o

I should have put a reference. It is now at least 10 inches on the curve. roxanne

o

That is so cool looking, Roxanne. I remember my reaction when I first saw it, it stopped me in my tracks. Best of luck on the inflo!

o

• Posted by mksmth oklahoma 7a (My Page) on
    Fri, Oct 18, 13 at 9:53

Im sitting here laughing my butt off at how funny that looks! That is so crazy Rox. I cant wait to see what it does as it gets bigger.

mike

o

Mike, I am hoping it will continue the curve into a circle... roxanne :-)

o

Called a "crest." Weird and freaky occurence. Cactus and other plants to do it as well.....not common at all.

Consider youself lucky to own a crested plumeria! One of Werner's trees up the coast does this.

Mike

o

yes, I have seen that one, but his crests don't seem to be as fanned out as this one. I am just excited now for the late inflo. I wonder if the crest ever blooms.

o

now that the leaves are starting to fall off, it is even looking more weird. roxanne

o

Very cool looking plumeria!! I too was shocked to see this when you first posted the picture. Never seen this before!! Best of luck and keep us posted please.
Chuy

o

will do.

o

It looks like hypergrowth of branches, sort of like 14 branches that fused.

o

Coooool!!!!!

o

I love it Roxanne!!

Looks like a fan.. ( beautiful Crest)

Please keep posted!!!!

Laura

o

That is sooooo weird!!

What ever happened with the inflo that was developing? How old is this seedling? Has the branch grown (fanned more) this season?

Thanks for the 'freak show'!!!

Doug

o

The inflo was on a different tip of same plant, I will take some more photos today to post and it was 1 of my 25 seedlings from 2005. roxanne ( yes, it has grown more this season, almost a half circle now...)

o

Looks a little scary to me. I hope it doesn't bite!

o

so here is the updated "portrait". Almost a half circle now. roxanne

o

Do you have any idea what would cause a branch to want to grow like this? Does it think it's a Staghorn fern :0 ?

I can't help but crack up when I look at the pictures!

Very COOL!

o

Just make sure it doesn't open up and bite you!! ;-)

Love it...

Laura

o

that's crazy! I have never seen anything like it.

o

Rox,
You have a chance of multiple inflos pushing out along the whole length of that crest in future seasons.

o

I am very excited about this one...it did abort the inflo last year on the 2 regular tips it has..you really can see the difference from this year to last. roxanne

o

Look up "fasciation."

o

That is freaky and very cool!

o

some of these TEETH are fighting for space and leaves!

o

Where was I that I missed the show! Just think if all those tip got inflos! And then all the tips split! "OMG" It already looks like jaws! LOL Peg

o

Peg, cannot wait for it to do SOMETHING!..

o

What is going on with this now????? Really taking on a weird curvy thing. roxanne

o

That has some personality. Wow!! It is alive, but it looks like it wants to eat some meat!! Lol.. Does it think its a carnivorous plumeria? Lol...

Just be careful.. Just small nibbles allowed. No big bites, please !!!

Take care,

Laura

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here