Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plumeria leaves falling off

Posted by Jody16 Texas (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 21, 11 at 21:00

I have a Plumeria and when I looked at it this morning about 25 leaves had fallen off the stems and were laying on the ground. They looked like they had just been cut off right at their bases. I am assuming it is an insect. Does anyone know what could have done this and a prevention?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plumeria leaves falling off

• Posted by kms2 9TX (My Page) on
    Fri, Oct 21, 11 at 22:33

First couple of cool mornings? Just the plant reacting to the change. Its more likely related to cool temps (45-50) and a bit of a breeze breaking the brittle leaves off than insects. I had one drop about 2 dozen leaves on Thursday Morning.

o

Hello Everyone,

Jody16,

I totally agree with Kms2, The leaves are falling at a fast rate this time of year due to the falling temps. They are trying to adjust to the cool nights and will start to go into dormancy,

So, i wouldnt worry about the leaves, you will probably see more yellowing of the leaves... It is mormal!!!

No worries!! : )

Take care,

Laura in VB

o

No worries, Jody. They just do that this time of year and the bigger your tree likely the more leaves they lose.

I was looking over my intense rainbow yesterday and almost any leaf I brushed against just fluttered off at the base.

Jen

o

Mine drop leaves every year about this time (or a little later depending upon weather conditions). I suspect your plumies are getting ready for their annual dormant period.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here