Margaret's Pink
2013-10a-1015963_Margaret's Pink

Maui Beauty
2013-9q-1015819_Maui Beauty

Musk Rainbow still going strong.
2013-9k-1015592_Musk Rainbow

Kaneohe Sunburst opening lots of new inflos
2013-9a-1014617_Kaneohe Sunburst

Penang Peach is going crazy opening dozens of inflos.
1b_2013-10c-1016089_PP (3)

More to follow next week.

George

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some new October blooms

If I could please ask...what is the scent of Musk Rainbow? roxanne

o

Ugh, you're killing me over here, George! Those photos are too spectacular for words. I even like how Musk Rainbow looks in your garden.

What do you feed your plants, btw? And are they all in full 6+ hours of sun?

o

Hi Roxanne,
it has a medium spicy scent. It is a very nice plant, compact, and with very good disease resistance.

george

o

Hi Jen, thanks.
They are in full sun (most at 8+ hours). I fertilize with Scotts rose fertilizer (12-4-8). I sprayed twice this year with Bayer 3-in-1 systemic. No rust and little leaf spotting. I water them every 3 days with a drip irrigation and let them dry out between watering.

These are some of my plumerias around the pool when I came back after 4 weeks vacation. They were on their own during the whole time. They are in perfect shape.
2013-8b-1014514

George

o

Wow! George that looks great around your pool. That is what I am aiming for around my pool. I passed on a very cheap 5 gallon Penang this summer and now Im kicking myself seeing how great yours is doing.

Are those in pots? and how do you store them if needed during winter.

Mike

o

Hi Mike,
Penang Peach is one of the best blooming plumerias. It stays compact and makes huge inflos.

All my plumerias are in pots, mostly 20-25 gallons. I store them in a 3-car garage, under a covered patio I turn into a greenhouse (Lexan roof), and two greenhouses in my garden. Some I dig out of the pots and cover the rootball in plastic. It saves a lot of space.

George

o

George your plumeria are beautiful. October is my favorite month of the year. Everything is in bloom, hummingbirds are filling their bellies, even the fish are biting. I am struck in San Antonio until next weekend, just had eye surgery. Can't wait to go down, to see if I have any blooms. Barbra

o

George, thanks for the answers! I think most of mine could still use more sun if yours are getting 8+ hours. I also water much less than you, but I do use a 9-3-6 fertilizer and Superthrive, plus Protekt now.

Barbra, I hope you have some amazing blooms when you get to the coast. Don't forget your camera!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here