The bloom has much less pink border in the cool weather but its sweet

Here it is in all its glory day 4 with very lil fade blooming in triple digits

oh & it does have a sort of lovely gardenia scent

Ain't she purty...lol

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gardenia Glory Seedling

Beautiful blooms!

Out of interest, how old was this seedling when it first bloomed? I have a couple dozen seedlings I just started and am bracing for a full six-year wait, if I can get them through the next several months.

o

Always nice when a seedling flowers and has some color to offer. Thanks for sharing. Bill

o

Thanks fir the kind words.
Shes a classic lady about 5 yo Think I started her 7/2005 & 3 years in 5 gal & about 4 feet tall.
I am finding that they bloom starting from 3 or 4 foot.
Alot depends on the seedling & its heredity.

I have 2 others from this seed batch & one is taller than this one same age same 5 gal & has not bloomed.
The 3rd seedling is in a 2gal & I had to save it by rooting it as a cutting that bad cold winter. It's about 3 1/2 feet

These came From Paula F & its her variety & she told me way back then that it could be crossed with Penang P..guess they were close.

Certainly crossed as its different & I am looking foward to comparing the 3 sister seedlings.

Oh I got the 2nd bloom in water...day 8 going on day 9 I think I lost count & she smells like gardenia

the gang with the 2 GG's far left

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here