Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
the_first_kms2

Best way to move large pots.

the_first_kms2
10 years ago

I bought this tree dolly online from Northern tool and was able to get it tonight and put it to good use.

Comments (14)

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    10 years ago

Oh I like that. I may have to get one. I use a regular dolly but like the sides on that one.

Mike

• elucas101
    10 years ago

Oh man! That's awesome!!! That's definitely going on the wish list. I had Russ help me with a few this year but we were able to get them through the house (short cut) - next year I don't think that will be the case and we'll have to go the long way around to the garage.

• jandey1
    10 years ago

Well, K, that does add a manly touch to this hobby for you, LOL. Mike, if you lived closer you and K would be good friends!

Emily, the long way to the garage stinks, doesn't it? Jeez, I wish I'd looked for a back yard-adjacent garage when I bought this house. If only I'd known!

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here it is in daylight moving my Let Rainbow back outside after a chilly night. 25 gallon containers was my previous lift and carry limit but now... I think it's rated to almost 3/4 ton capacity! It's on sale too.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

OMG!!!

What a handy dolly...

Looks great handling that Lei Rainbow!!!

I think I need one myself , these trees are getting huge and to heavy to lift.

Great find!!!

Laura

• beachplant
    10 years ago

No garage.
    I saw this great plant sling carry thing in Kansas City. Mom and I were able to pick up and move a giant cement statue at the nursery to try it out. She`s old with one arm and we had no problem. I still don`t know why I didn`t buy one.
    Tally HO!

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    Original Author
    10 years ago

it's big and manly and rolls great in rough areas. the handles are about 5 1/2 feet tall and wieghs about 80lbs. The best part is how it cradles the container and using it I can almost lay a plant over on its side to cleanly prune out roots which may be blocking drain holes. If you have large containers and the space to store this thing its well worth it.

Now I have a way to move very large pots. Now I just have to figure out a way to store a very large tree for the half a dozen times a year we have a freeze.

• beachplant
    10 years ago

those tree dollies are sure nice. Anything to make life easier.
    At least with the plumeria once in I don`t have to move them until the spring, unlike the other stuff, in and out, in and out! The birdroom is full of plants that need to go back out but going to wait till this next cold front goes through. 41 predicted here. Some of the more tropical stuff can`t even take that temp. Wimpy plants. They may not live much longer!
    Tally Ho!

• honeybunny2 Fox
    10 years ago

K, I printed a picture, gave it to my my husband with Northerns toll free number. I told him that is all I want for Christmas. Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed, and be a good girl. Barbra

• honeybunny2 Fox
    10 years ago

double posting

This post was edited by honeybunny2 on Mon, Dec 9, 13 at 21:30

• pcput
    10 years ago

"LOVE it"

• honeybunny2 Fox
    10 years ago

Gosh! They mailed it from Arlington on the 17th, and its still not here. Everyday they tell Gary that it will be here that day. He thinks it got here on the 18th like they said and they sold it in the store, then reordered another one. He is really upset. Barbra

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Barbra,
    Northern's In store pick up option to save on shipping has got some sort of distribution bug. I experienced the same thing. Ordered on Nov 10 and didnt get it until the 27th. but its free versus the $100 shipping cost for this thing.

I ordered some replacement parts for my pole saw 2 weeks ago and it's still "In Transit" (Probably on the same truck with your dolly).

• honeybunny2 Fox
    10 years ago

K, it finally got here just in time for Christmas, when Gary unwrapped it, to put on the wheels, it was lopsided. Looks like it was run into by one of those vehicles that load the truck. He returned it yesterday, there was no way it could have been used in that condition, really looked funny it was so bent. At least I got to see how big it is, I can't wait to get it so I can use it this spring. Barbra

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting