Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andrew_scott77

Pics of my new arrivals.

Andrew Scott
13 years ago

Today both my plumerias arrived. First is a picture of my 'Penang Peach' plumeria. I got this from a new friend. The plumeria is about 22 inches tall and has a HUGE inflo. There was one leaf on the entire tree that had a brown spot. I suspect it was from shipping. I potted it up right away and put it under my 600 watt HPS light and the first flower is now 3/4 of the way open. The scent is awesome. Great plumeria! Sorry pic is sort of blurry. I will try and get a better picture in a few days when it is blooming more.

Andrew

Andrew

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (10)

• Andrew Scott
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Here is the 'Divine plumeria from Jungle Jacks. It came with 4 tips. man, people weren't kidding about how hard it was to remove it from the pot it came in! I did finally get it and without breaking the roots. I was pleased to see a very large healthy root system.
    Andrew

Here is a link that might be useful:

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    13 years ago

Congratulations Andrew!!

Both of your new arrivals look awesome...I can't believe the amount of flowers on the PP inflo!!!

Looking good....

Can't wait to see more pics!!

Laura in VB

• yaslan
    13 years ago

Your new arrivals are admittedly beautiful Andrew! I just might have plumeria-fever all over again!! LOL
    -Bo

• kemistry
    13 years ago

That's just too awesome. I'm planning to grab the divine next year, now you are making me adding the Penang to the list ;). Thanks for sharing.

• tropicalzone7
    13 years ago

Everything looks great! At least I wasnt the only one who had a hard time removing the divine from its pot (I probably tore off more than half of the root system!). My divine bloomed in its 2nd summer, but it is really worth the wait! I hope it blooms again for me next year!

Penang Peach' Looks like another one I will add to my list! Very nice! Im also adding a larger plumeria obtusa because the seedling I have is taking forever to grow. Im also going to start looking into some nice dark red plumerias (since the majority of my plumerias have light colors.

Good luck!
    -Alex

• Andrew Scott
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Alex,
    You were one of the people that was running through my mind when I saw that cone pot. my first thought was "Oh, this wont be too bad!" YEAH RIGHT!!! The plumeria's soil was dry as a bone so I thought, this may help me. I used my fingers to start oushing on the sides of the pot. Once I did that for a few minutes, it came right out!!
    What amazed me was that the ROOT SYSTEM!! I think I may have lucked out because I bought this at the end of the season. Maybe because it had been there all year, it had that much more time to grow. All I know was that there were roots literally on TOP of the soil. When I got it out, I had to actually unwind all those roots so once it was planted the roots were not going to continue wrapping themselves around each other.
    Your the second person that I have heard from that said that they didn't get blooms the first season. I am hoping that maybe because I am not letting it go dormant, and it is under the HPS lights, maybe it will help give it that xtra time it needs to bloom. If not, I will just have to be patient and wait!
    Andrew

• jandey1
    13 years ago

Andrew, I ordered the Divine when I saw your post about getting it on ebay, though I only found the ones for $24.95, not $17.95. Hope I get a nice multi-tip like yours. I bought mine to give as a gift for someone, though, so I'll be extra happy if it looks as good as yours.

Your PP looks great, too--lucky you! Let me know if you want to swap cuttings in a couple of years!

• Andrew Scott
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Jandey,
    Thanks for the compliments. Too bad I didn't know about you wanting to do a cutting swap this summer! I had 4 or 5 Nebel's Gold cuttings. I cut mine way back because it was so lanky! Now, all of mine are small. I do have a dwarf singapore pink that may be ready to be cut by 2012.
    Andrew

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    13 years ago

Andrew,

Don't be too alarmed if your Penang Peach just blooms yellow and white under lights. They don't really color up well until they get some consistant heat and humidity.

Here's my Penang Peach under lights in winter:

Here's the same plant blooming in summer:

• jandey1
    13 years ago

Sorry, Andrew, I meant when your Penang Peach is bigger if you want to trade some of those cuttings later, I'd be interested.;)

I have several Peterson's Gold seedlings, which I believe may be the same variety, different name, as Nebel's. Those should come out very like the parent, unless I'm super lucky and get another Kimo-like offspring!

Btw, seeds are on their way.

Jen

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH