Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
California good weather

Posted by tdogdad Zone 9 (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 8, 13 at 0:53

I find it interesting that it is one week into November, I have over two hundred plumies and not one has started going dormant. The last two days temps were in the 80's in the afternoon. Also, over a hundred plants are still producing flowers, some many, some just a few. I sure hope this means a warm winter. I also have quite a few seed pods starting with three on this one red branch:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: California good weather

Im with you Bill. I hope it stays warm too! Your plants look great. At this rate I bet pysycho doesn't even shut down this year.

Mike

o

I am sticking with Feb 08th for the last Psycho bloom. :)

Mine are starting to drop to the lower leaves and old inflos but that seems to be about it.

o

Agree Bill- weather has been pretty nice this month!
Amazed at the seed pods!! Such excitement ;-)

Chuy

o

Hi Bill,

Looking beautiful as always!!!

Nice to hear some of you are having a mild November. We are expected to see temps drop into the lower thirties this week for the low at night . Brrrrrr..

Sounds like K is having his own contest for Psycho!! Lol!! That is a good date though.. That pic of Psycho reminded me of the contest too.. I will have to admit! ;-). So I'm out of the running if it does start to form.

Thanks for the great pictures.. Always fabulous..

Take care,

Laura

o

Bill looks great still. I am in NYC right now and it was upper 40s during the day and going down to 33 tonight..brrrrrrrrr.
Saw that it was 80 today in So Cal, missing the warmth. Hopefully the warmth hangs in for a bit so you can enjoy the blooms, maybe could be a Plumie X Mas for you.
Cheers thanks for sharing.

o

Really pretty rime of the year in SoCal....roxanne

o

Great weather here in Palm Springs too. Mid 80's during the day and mid 50's at night. This is Super Round blooming happily.

o

Vigin Pink also still blooming away.

o

I bought Super Round this year...what is the scent? Hope mine blooms next season. roxanne

o

I just bought my Super Round this year so maybe the scent will get stronger but right now it's pretty mild. Sort of an average sweet smell just not very strong. Love the variation in bloom colors though!

o

Beautiful blooms palmsprings! I cut most of my leaves off in October due to the inevitable rust but one it dried out here, they all began to leaf out again and almost all of my big trees in the ground are getting ready to bloom and some of mine in pots. We have been in the high 80's. I'm worried the ones in the ground may not open up before the nights turn cold. I saw a forecast for low of 49 next week. I think they will drop the buds. I will bring the ones in pots in so their buds will be protected. Darn it... two are huge NOIDS, 7' tall, 6' wide and I really wanted it to bloom so I could tag them correctly.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here