Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Have anyone ever propagate cut plumeria by putting them in water

Posted by plumerias-lover none (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 11, 13 at 0:54

My neighbor told me that she propagates her plumeria by let them sit in water for about two months. I tried mine, but, they rotted within a month. She has more plumerias every year, but I don't. In fact, I loss the growth of the main plants by cutting them for propagation. Please help. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Have anyone ever propagate cut plumeria by putting them in wa

most people just propagate cuttings in soil but ive heard of people doing it in water as well. next time try using soil but only water it once until you see leaves starting to develop

o
RE: Have anyone ever propagate cut plumeria by putting them in wa

Thanks, jost4318....I received some cuttings, from a friend of mine who lives in Florida, today. I will use your method. I am wondering whether it is the right time for propagation when the weather starts getting colder (I live in the Central Coast, California). I know that I have no choice, only have to put them in soil, ortherwise, they will lay on the ground until next year. She wants to send me more cuttings. Should I ask her to wait until April or May?

Thanks again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here