Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this Black tip starting to form?

Posted by JBear822 10 (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 1, 13 at 8:41

Please see images for better understanding. It's on both branches. It's black so that's why I think it's black tip. I heard this black tip fungus can kill plumeria plants so I'm rather uneasy about this. :(

What can I do to save my plumie? It's in an office (lots of nice, cool AC and sun) so spray fungicides are a little difficult. I heard fungaway is great, but it seems to be a spray. :(

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this Black tip starting to form?

Hard to see the entire tree, but it does not look like black tip to me. Just looks like the ends of a few new claws are discolored. If it bothers you, I would clip the black end of of the little new claw. ( Just the end of the claw.. nothing else) Can't see the inside of the other...

But it doesn't look like anything I would be to concerned about as of yet. Black tip is when the entire stem starts to turn black and continues on down or it starts at a particular point on the stem

Make sure the cool air isn't blowing right on the tree.. It loves the warmth, so keep it in the sun if you can.

How old is it? It's rooted I take? Looks like you have nice leaves and it looks like it is doing well..

I think you are alright. If it continues to get worse, then I would raise an eyebrow.. Not now!!! ;-)

Remember, wet/dry..

Take care,

Laura

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here