Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thinning the heard

Posted by honeybunny2 Z9TX (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 11, 13 at 10:03

I am making my list of plants to keep next year. Some plants I just purchased and have not seen bloom. I cannot find pictures or any information on them. I bought theses from German at the PSA sale, he said they had beautiful blooms. He said Fabolous was just unbelievable, so I bought them. Does anyone have pictures, or know where I find information on J.L. Hot Pink, or Fabolous? I really don't want to wait until they bloom, I need to get back down to 30 plants. Right now I am at 32. I plan to sell over 30 of them in the spring. Barbra

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thinning the heard

honeybunny, I have been trying to thin the herd for 2 years now and have gone from 150 to 178...something is not working here. roxanne

o

I am determined to size down to at least 32. I am going to get rid of plants that have beautiful blooms, but only produce a few blooms. I love the bloomers! Barbra

o

Fair chance of fantastic blooms or a fantastic chance of fair blooms. quite the quandry.

I''l be joining Barbra in her liquidation sale with mostly rooted cuttings and seeds. I think the target date is the 3rd Sunday in May in Rockport, TX.

o

Darn, wish I lived closer!

o

178? And I thought *I* had a lot to keep up with. LOL

My biggest downfall is that I added a lot more this year with an entire crop of seedlings. I must resist planting seeds from future seed pods. :)

astrl

o

oh heck...I was not counting my new sprouted seedlings... :-)

o

Yeah, Rox, this was my year to really thin down and I went from 50-something to mumble mumble (a lot more). People around here are so generous, how can I say no? Really, y'all need to be stingier! :P

We'll be having a healthy named plumeria blowout sale next spring. Barbra, I'm trying hard to get down to 30 also. It's a very tight list and a whole lot of beautiful plants won't make it because of the very reason you said: not blooming enough.

o

Ooooooh man! I wish I lived closer, sounds like lots of good stuff!

Mark

o

Barbra,
Fabulous as sold by MPG some years back. For whatever reason they stopped selling it. It is a large rainbow flower, no petal overlap, and deep petal re-curve back.

George

o

Mark, if you can borrow a truck it would be worth the drive for you, lol. If you have the room and sun in your yard you'll do well with them.
Most of mine just don't get enough sun in my yard to perform their best, and until I can buy some serious acreage most of mine will always be held back by my small yard and big trees. These would do better in CA or in the Houston area.

o

I don`t even bother trying to thin the herd. No point in lying to myself, with over 110 and not counting seedlings I just wonder if Becky got rid of hers or has moved them to the greenhouse yet....I can run to LaMarque on Thursday when I`m off.....

Psst, you know I am close to Houston and my climate is even better for the plumeria. I`ll be in San Antonio this spring, in a truck or SUV, for the plant swap lol!
Tally HO!

o

Tally, just make a wish list and we"ll see if have what you want!

o

Jen, I could totally get a truck! HAHA. I would really have to plan the weekend out tho.

I have tons of room here, I will see what happens!

Thanks!!

Mark

o

George, German told me it was beautiful. Is the flower as pretty as J.L. Elizabeth Thornton Rainbow? I also bought that from him, he gave us a bloom to take home. The fragrance was wonderful, K used it as an air freshener on our way home from the PSA Sale. Does Fabolous have a fragrance? I hate not being able to find out anything about it. Barbra

o

Well, I am skipping the psa sale this year and just going to Rockport, it will be an excuse to drive down the coast. I have a cousin in Rockport.

Barb, when is the spring swap in SA? I need to request time off.

Of course, if they are working on the house all bets are off because I will have to dig and move EVERYTHING within 5` of the house and we`ll have to move out for 3 months.
Tally Ho!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here