Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loveplants22

Happy Thanksgiving !!!

Hello Everyone!!!

I just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to all of you that make this forum Special!!

May you all enjoy your families wherever you may be this holiday !!!

Thank you for being a great forum and for giving your time and great advice to me and others here on this forum.

Enjoy!!!!

Laura

Comments (31)

• rox146
    10 years ago

YES!!!!! Laura, to you and all of yours the same....gobble-gobble.....roxanne

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    10 years ago

Ditto all that! Hope everyone has a great Holiday!

Mike

• elucas101
    10 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!!!

• georgecc
    10 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! And thank you everyone for making this such an enjoyable and helpful forum! Thanks, Laura for the posting!

• tdogdad
    10 years ago

Feel the same. Hope you come out next summer to visit. Say happy turkey day to your "patient" from me.

• rox146
    10 years ago

need to plan a plumeria party when Laura is out next summer.....roxanne

• georgecc
    10 years ago

Absolutely!

• rox146
    10 years ago

okay....you do the desserts!

• maark23 TX/8a
    10 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! Be safe and have fun!!

Mark

• georgecc
    10 years ago

Don't worry, Roxanne! Laura and I have already had a diiscussion about that!!

• rox146
    10 years ago

perfect....here for boat rides?

• chuy415
    10 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!! Thank you to everyone for helping and putting up with us plumeriaholics!! ;-)

Chuy

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    10 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving and I hope everyone creates their own fantastically awkward moments by talking about plumerias at the dinner table with relatives who don't get it.

• elucas101
    10 years ago

HAHAHA! I love that, will do! I don't always save those fantastically awkward moments just for holidays...

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

You guys are tooooooo funny!!!

I am looking forward to visiting Cali next summer!! Thanks for all of the smiles that you all put on my face!! Desserts? OHHHH yes!!! Boat rides? ;-)

I hope you all had wonderful day with your family and or loved ones!!!

The thought of all of us talking about our trees made me laugh... Well, it did come up at my dinner this evening!! The large Kap is still near the dining table and it was brought up that my grandson will soon start climbing it.. I piped up and said, " oh no... ". Then it started. LOL.

Take care!!!

Laura

• rox146
    10 years ago

Just wondered, has anyone that brings their trees inside ever turned it into the decorated Christmas tree? roxanne

• georgecc
    10 years ago

Laura, guilty as charged. I didn't intend to, but I did end up passing my phone around the table with pics of my nieces making leis for themselves and the dogs this summer. Hard to resist.

And Roxanne, I still have a few trees in the sunroom that I brought in in the hopes that they would continue blooming into Cristmas, especially some reds (Hilo Beauty, Scott Pratt and Theodora Crimson). If they stop blooming, I may just put some lights and ornaments on them for decoration.

• jandey1
    10 years ago

I'm so disappointed I didn't get a chance to bore any relations with plant talk. Too many screaming children and too much good food to distract from conversations.

George, do you mean to decorate your plumies like this?

• elucas101
    10 years ago

HAHA!! Fantastic Jen!!

• rox146
    10 years ago

such nice tall trees. roxanne

• georgecc
    10 years ago

Jen, I was thinking about your lit trees when I said that!

• purdee54
    10 years ago

Hi Laura thank you so much for the Thanksgiving wish. I had a great day with family and friends and of course with my blooming plummies and keeping the Confetti warm! I hope you had a great day as well.Take care my friend!

Original Author
    10 years ago

LOVE the trees, Jen!!!

Rox... I can only imagine what you could do with lights, trees and color.. Mmmmmm!!!

George.. I bet your cell had plenty of ooooohhhsss And anhhhhhhss!! No doubt about that!!! I hope you had a wonderful time with your family!!! Did The boys taste any turkey?

Hi Manuel.. So nice to see you!! Thank you for the Thanksgiving wish back!!

We had a small family dinner. Including the new grandson who is such a cutie !!! He loved my Carrot Soufflé and ate everything that I made. What a smart young man!!

Sounds like you are keeping the blooms going and keeping them warm in Florida. Even your Confetti? I can't wait to see pictures? You always do a great job with your plants!! Always a pleasure, my friend!!! MAHALO!!!

I hope everyone enjoyed the holiday!!!

Thanks to all that stopped by...

" Goodnight Gracie.."

Laura

• georgecc
    10 years ago

Laura, the dogs did get some turkey- not that they deserved it! There I was at the party with my phone, showing pics of the plumies, when I decided to check on the dogs (cameras at home, one retired from the Bill Moragne tree). I looked at the first camera - my big dog was sleeping by the front door. I remarked he looked like an angel, resting so peacefully. Then I checked on the second camera.

I had just purchase a big container of paper towel rolls the night before. Apparently the dogs had dragged it across the house, opened it and used it to teepee the living room. Not one roll was left intact. Not one part of the living room was without left unadorned.

Of course, that's the live video everyone at the table passed around, laughing. "Still think he's an angel?" I was asked. In my defense, I said he "looks like an angel" not that he was one - we all know looks can be deceiving, lol. Is there a reform school for dogs?

I don't think I'll leave them alone next Thanksgiving.

• rox146
    10 years ago

Well Simi...our dogs are not much better...all the toilet paper rolls are ripped off and on the beds in shreds and they take laps around the black suede couches. I have duct tape and balloons for that. Well matched balloons for the decor....cobalt of course....... :-) roxanne (glad they had fun though)

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    10 years ago

jen

that is awesome. I love the Christmas Plumeria.

Mike

• beachplant
    10 years ago

Happy Cyber Monday!
    Our dog is not allowed to be alone unless she`s outside. She ate the couch. Luckily I did not like that couch.
    Tally HO!

• jandey1
    10 years ago

Oh, that's funny, George! I mean, I'm sure it wasn't funny for you at the time but I can see the dogs giggling to themselves as they papered your living room, LOL!

My little helper was putting lights on the trees within minutes of them coming inside, like he'd been waiting to pounce. I don't know why that other photo didn't post.

Yep, we get up to all kinds of fun with plumeria :)

• pcput
    10 years ago

Hope everyone had a great day and didn't eat too much (like that could happen). We were negotiating on the house on Thanksgiving. Yep we bought it on Thanksgiving. Poor agents had to man the phones that day to make it happen. Now all I've got to do is catch up on here. Peg

• rox146
    10 years ago

CONGRATS PEG!!!!!

Original Author
    10 years ago

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHH N NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Another one leaves me.... But, this time I can visit. HA! Good thing we fly to TAMPA!! ;-). This way we can take a few friends to lunch too.

Sounds like a plan.. I think we need to travel down there as much as possible. ;-). We could have a ball.....

I know you said it will take a few years, so I will dry the tears now.. Sniff sniff..

This lady will miss you very much... ;-(

I am happy for you.. :)

Xoxo

Laura