Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lozarmt

They're dying!!

HilaryMT
9 years ago

Greetings everyone!
I need some help. I have a 2 year-old Plumeria that I planted as a cane. It's had its ups and downs, but has always recovered. This new issue is really worrying me though. Over the last 5 months, I have noticed these teeny little brown, speck-sized, angular bugs taking over the undersides of the leaves as well as where the leaves join to the cane. They almost seem to burrow into the cane as well, but they're so tiny it's hard for me to tell. I also noticed that I have tiny flies that come out of the dirt. I am wondering if the evil little bugs are larvae that hatch into the flies.
These bugs are slowly killing off the leaves of my plumeria. The leaves get crispy and brown, starting at the tips and moving toward the cane, often in spotty patterns. The leaves go limp and fall off. I have been spraying the bugs with Seven, to no effect, so I moved up to a very heavy duty insecticide, also to no effect.
What would you recommend I try next?? I'm considering moving the plant into the bathroom and just hosing her down every couple days, and completely replacing the soil. Any other thoughts on what these evil little creatures are and how I can prevent them destroying my beautiful girl?

Thanks so much for your help!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks