blooms for Roxanne

tdogdad
10 years ago

you were interested in late blooms, here is my side yard still going strong:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comments (23)

• rox146
    10 years ago

WOW!!!!!! I do have some late ones but not near as many as you. Did one of my cobalt pots get up and walk away????hahahaha....seems we have the same taste for cobalt.. :-) Thanks for sharing, roxanne

• tdogdad
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I have those pots in cobalt, green, red and off-white. They were a great buy years ago. The Samoan Fluff is in the blue, the TLD is in the white just behind. and a big Royal Hawaiian is in the green behind the TLD. The Kimi Moragne just beyond the chimney is in a red. The others are in the back yard.

• chuy415
    10 years ago

Bill- beautiful !!!! Still looks like summer to me ;-)

Chuy

• rox146
    10 years ago

Home Goods, once they get rid of the holiday stuff (January) has fabulous prices on cool pots! roxanne

• honeybunny2 Fox
    10 years ago

Still waiting for my plants to bloom, last week when I went down Honey Queen was blooming, not many blooms.
    This has been the worse year for blooms ever. Next year I am just going back to spraying with fish emulsion. When I used it, I had tons of blooms. Maybe its because I planted in the ground instead of in pots. Last year they were all in pots. I think next year, I am going to put half in pots, and half in the ground and see what happens. Barbra

• joanr
    10 years ago

Wow Bill that is like looking at Plumeria Heaven!!! I can only imagine the smell and I can't smell worth a darn anymore but I bet I could smell some of those. That is definitely "CANDY" for the eyes :)

Thank you for sharing with us.

And Barbra, we did not have a good blooming season this year either. Maybe it was just the Texas weather. I can only hope next year will be better.

Joan

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    10 years ago

i never get tired of seeing you plant Bill. Everyone of them is great!!

Mike

• rox146
    10 years ago

Bill, you must try to make the luau next summer. You have a fabulous collection! mahalo for sharing, roxanne

• tdogdad
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Of course, Psycho is still going off

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• rox146
    10 years ago

Bill, does Psycho smell like Honeysuckle? roxanne

• tdogdad
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It smells spicy to me.

• jandey1
    10 years ago

Bill, your yard looks wonderful! Of course, your roses next to Psycho look like they could use more space, lol.

Rox, I remember Psycho smelling perfumey, very pleasant, but I bet they change scents quite a lot depending on conditions.

• daogirl - SoCal Zone 9
    10 years ago

WOW! I'm jealous!! Your yard looks fantastic as usual, Bill.

• rox146
    10 years ago

the reason I keep asking is, a friend has given me 3 he calls "pink pony".. The growth habit and petal markings etc. all look just like it. It does LOVE a lot of water and grows a lot during the season and hangs on forever with a honeysuckle scent, at least to me. I would not have to try to get a Psycho if I felt these were really similar. Leaves room for something else off the wish list? roxanne

• tdogdad
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I have a bunch of rooted psychos. I will give one to George to pass on to you when I see him next. Then if it is the same, you can give it to someone else.

• rox146
    10 years ago

Bill, you are too kind. I am trying to spread them up and down the street and the channel to people I can hook onto them ... :-)

• rox146
    10 years ago

Bill, here is a late inflo of 1 I got from the gardener at the Maui Prince Hotel back in '09. Intoxicating smell and this color is exact to the bloom. Next photo will show the dark cane color. rox

• rox146
    10 years ago

When we were there, we noticed that this tree was not only covered in bloom BUT all the wood was really dark brown/black in color compared to a lot of other plumeria. Also the branching was very long and open. rox

• rox146
    10 years ago

also the inflos break off into multiple stems of flowers like this one. Would love to know if anyone thinks of anything similar. They had about 8 of these trees all in a row. The hotel is being re-done into condos I think and who knows if they have saved these great trees...we can only hope. roxanne

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

Great pics...

Laura

• rox146
    10 years ago

Thanks Laura, and someone told me you may be planning a trip this way next July...? Boat ride? roxanne

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

Sounds like fun, Rox!!!

;-)

mahalo!!!

Laura

• rox146
    10 years ago

can't wait to meet you!