blooms for Roxanne

Posted by tdogdad Zone 9 (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 2, 13 at 12:49

you were interested in late blooms, here is my side yard still going strong:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: blooms for Roxanne

WOW!!!!!! I do have some late ones but not near as many as you. Did one of my cobalt pots get up and walk away????hahahaha....seems we have the same taste for cobalt.. :-) Thanks for sharing, roxanne

o

I have those pots in cobalt, green, red and off-white. They were a great buy years ago. The Samoan Fluff is in the blue, the TLD is in the white just behind. and a big Royal Hawaiian is in the green behind the TLD. The Kimi Moragne just beyond the chimney is in a red. The others are in the back yard.

o

Bill- beautiful !!!! Still looks like summer to me ;-)

Chuy

o

Home Goods, once they get rid of the holiday stuff (January) has fabulous prices on cool pots! roxanne

o

Still waiting for my plants to bloom, last week when I went down Honey Queen was blooming, not many blooms.
This has been the worse year for blooms ever. Next year I am just going back to spraying with fish emulsion. When I used it, I had tons of blooms. Maybe its because I planted in the ground instead of in pots. Last year they were all in pots. I think next year, I am going to put half in pots, and half in the ground and see what happens. Barbra

o

Wow Bill that is like looking at Plumeria Heaven!!! I can only imagine the smell and I can't smell worth a darn anymore but I bet I could smell some of those. That is definitely "CANDY" for the eyes :)

Thank you for sharing with us.

And Barbra, we did not have a good blooming season this year either. Maybe it was just the Texas weather. I can only hope next year will be better.

Joan

o

• Posted by mksmth oklahoma 7a (My Page) on
    Mon, Nov 4, 13 at 16:21

i never get tired of seeing you plant Bill. Everyone of them is great!!

Mike

o

Bill, you must try to make the luau next summer. You have a fabulous collection! mahalo for sharing, roxanne

o

Of course, Psycho is still going off

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

o

Bill, does Psycho smell like Honeysuckle? roxanne

o

It smells spicy to me.

o

Bill, your yard looks wonderful! Of course, your roses next to Psycho look like they could use more space, lol.

Rox, I remember Psycho smelling perfumey, very pleasant, but I bet they change scents quite a lot depending on conditions.

o

WOW! I'm jealous!! Your yard looks fantastic as usual, Bill.

o

the reason I keep asking is, a friend has given me 3 he calls "pink pony".. The growth habit and petal markings etc. all look just like it. It does LOVE a lot of water and grows a lot during the season and hangs on forever with a honeysuckle scent, at least to me. I would not have to try to get a Psycho if I felt these were really similar. Leaves room for something else off the wish list? roxanne

o

I have a bunch of rooted psychos. I will give one to George to pass on to you when I see him next. Then if it is the same, you can give it to someone else.

o

Bill, you are too kind. I am trying to spread them up and down the street and the channel to people I can hook onto them ... :-)

o

Bill, here is a late inflo of 1 I got from the gardener at the Maui Prince Hotel back in '09. Intoxicating smell and this color is exact to the bloom. Next photo will show the dark cane color. rox

o

When we were there, we noticed that this tree was not only covered in bloom BUT all the wood was really dark brown/black in color compared to a lot of other plumeria. Also the branching was very long and open. rox

o

also the inflos break off into multiple stems of flowers like this one. Would love to know if anyone thinks of anything similar. They had about 8 of these trees all in a row. The hotel is being re-done into condos I think and who knows if they have saved these great trees...we can only hope. roxanne

o

Great pics...

Laura

o

Thanks Laura, and someone told me you may be planning a trip this way next July...? Boat ride? roxanne

o

Sounds like fun, Rox!!!

;-)

mahalo!!!

Laura

o

can't wait to meet you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here