Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
transplating?

Posted by KurayamiKit none (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 3, 13 at 13:52

I got some cuttings mid summer that finally rooted should I move them seems to be their rooted and its pretty hot in my area still gettong 80 degree weather acouple of times a week and the roots reached the edges what should i do?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: transplating?

Congrats on getting it to root. How large of a container is that? Unless you are in a zone higher than 9 or 10 I would just leave it for the winter in the present container.

o

Its in a soda bottle and one of them or some of them reached the bottom of the bottle and i dont think i live in a zone higher than 9 or 10 will it hurt them if the crowed?

thank you so much :D

o

I would just leave it through the winter. It still has plenty of room to develop a root ball considering its going to slow down through winter hibernation. Do you have a heat mat it can be placed on to help keep it going a bit longer.

o

I'm so glad this post and question came up. I have two rooted cuttings in half filled one gallon containers. I'm in zone 10 and can't decide whether to put them in the ground now, or wait till Spring. hmmm.....???

Jim

o

Thanks much :) I will keep them as they are and no longer water them till spring time :D last year i kept watering and lost 4 over the winter XD Ive learned my lesson

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here