Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
chimera effect or normal color for Lavender Splash

Posted by labland La Verne, CA 9 (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 2, 10 at 14:50

I was perusing my Plumeria book ( Jim Little's) thinking about chimera effect, and whether the pictures I had posted earlier on my Lavender Splash were showing chimera effect or part of the normal coloring.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Anyone have any experience with chimera effect? I am simply curious to increase my own knowledge in these matters. The new flowers that are opening since last week's rain are also showing some of the same markings, to a lesser degree, i.e. a dark splash or spot of color.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: chimera effect or normal color for Lavender Splash

I have similar experience on a Celadine during the later part of this season. The flower was white/yellow with pink splotches and a pink stripe on the back of the petals. Was repeated a few times in short waves. then would clear up (or maybe I didnt see them). Seemed to me that the Chimera petals were different in shape and overlap.

Potentially a virus or other mutation causes it. I have some further pics on my cell I can post tonight of the flower. No problems noted with the tree (7Ft x 4ft beautifully branched and shaped 11 year old specimen). Matter of fact its wrapping up its bloom (no seed pods though) and the lower leaves are yellowing and dropping as usual. It's the first one on the left in the below picture.

Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here